Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
- Drive day-to-day operations by submitting customer orders, conducting daily sales alignment meetings and managing inventory in conjunction with the farm operations and logistics teams
- Support the sales team across the entire selling lifecycle with a focus on onboarding new accounts
- Coordinate and develop sales specific programs with customers and our sales team, ensuring completion of documentation, marketing, training, and events related to such programs
- Serve as the voice of the customer internally – assist with customer requests and escalate as needed, and resolve issues effectively with other teams
- Log any customer complaints received and ensure internal and external steps are taken to resolve issues
- Continue to build out CRM with relevant data, reports, forecasts, and more
- Build out processes and systems to allow Plenty to scale effectively
- Serve as an all-around team player that can jump into new opportunities as they arise
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- BA/BS degree and 2+ years of work experience, or 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to prioritize and manage a number of projects and activities at the same time with a strong attention to detail
- An operations mindset that works well within systems and processes
- Someone who thinks ahead to prevent any potential issues related to customer execution
- A mission driven personality with genuine interest and passion for food and the environment
- An ability to creatively solve problems and leave no stone unturned
- A great team player mentality and are comfortable with cross functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- CRM and ERP system experience is ideal
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- City Compton