The Accounting Manager will join the Finance team at Dandelion Energy and play a crucial part of building out and managing the internal month end close procedures at the company. The role will be responsible for managing the month end close process, including the close schedule, checklist, and reconciliations, as well as supporting in the preparation of financial reporting deliverables after month end close.
- Develop and manage a month end close checklist that includes required tasks for each financial statement line item with due dates and personnel assignments.
- Analyze accounting and financial reporting considerations for complex accounting topics including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, leasing, stock-based compensation, and business combinations.
- Refine and/or create month end close reconciliations and other required month end close documentation.
- Ensure new processes and policies are designed to allow for accurate accounting and financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Educate teams on the cross functional inputs that are required for month end close to ensure accurate accounting.
- Assist with the timely preparation and review of financial information including financial statements, month end close flux analysis, and other supporting documents.
- Establish an organized approach for maintaining month end close documentation.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team to develop physical inventory and cycle count SOPs for the warehouses.
- Assist with and manage certain aspects of the company’s financial statement reviews and audits.
- Assist with other projects as assigned and perform any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
- 5-8+ years of experience in public accounting and early-stage growth companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and an active CPA license.
- Experience with growth companies in manufacturing or renewable energy a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ability to apply extensive know-how of technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Experience should include advanced accounting concepts such as revenue recognition, leasing, business combinations, and stock-based compensation.
- Brings a detail-oriented and hands-on style and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast- paced company with a wide variety of critical initiatives.
- Ability to research technical accounting matters and prepare well-written memorandums and presentations articulating these matters to both well versed accountants and non-finance partners.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep into problem solving and data inconsistencies.
- A track record of successful team collaboration and establishing new processes.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of NetSuite, QuickBooks, bill.com, and Expensify a plus.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day — not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road… and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
- City Remote
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office