At Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), our mission is to understand the ocean for our planet and our future. In pursuit of this aspiration are some of the most world’s most talented ocean scientists and engineers who are pushing the boundaries of knowledge about the ocean to reveal its impacts on our planet and our lives. If you would like to support the people who go to impossible places to do impossible things, you can be part of making a difference.
This is a regular, full-time, non-exempt position and is eligible for full benefits. This position reports to the Manager, Accounts Payable. As a member of the Accounts Payable Team, you are primarily responsible for the efficient, accurate and timely processing, review & input of vendor invoices into the Institution’s ERP system. This will include both vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements through the Institution’s credit card platform. This position requires strong attention to detail, as well as collaboration across many departments within the Institution. Duties may be re-assigned to cover for others in the department as work load requires. The role can be remote / hybrid.
- Distribute incoming US mail to Accounts Payable and Procurement staff
- Process, review, and input vendor invoices in an accurate and timely manner to the Institution’s ERP
- System to include:
- Match Vendor Invoices to Purchase Orders & perform verification for mathematical accuracy (price, terms of payment & other charges)
- Process non-PO invoices as necessary
- Ensure correct General Ledger coding on all invoices & ensure compliance with Uniform Guidance audit requirements where necessary
- Coordinate with Procurement on PO receipt & update of PO status once the PO is fulfilled
- Work collaboratively with applicable departments for invoice approval and/or additional Information necessary to record the invoice correctly in the ERP system
- Process employee expense reports and approval through the Unanet system and Credit Card Payment net Platforms.
- Initiate all paperwork required for issuance of Institution corporate credit card program to employees including training of policies and procedures and expense reporting in Unanet system
- Respond to vendor inquiries on all vendor account related items – payment status, credit/debit memos, invoice receipt, tax exemption questions.
- Request W-9 and/or W-8’s and Vendor Applications from new vendors
- Distribute and mail weekly checks as part of the weekly check run
- Perform quarterly vendor account reconciliations • Liaise with Institution staff on questions on invoices/payments for Accounts payable Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assist with annual audits in preparation of audit support documents as requested
- Assist with other projects as directed
- Assist in the implementation of new processes, further automation and procedures for Accounts Payable
- Demonstrate commitment to customer service working as part of the team to support both science and administration
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of vendor invoice processing, matching, and reconciling; vendor account reconciliation & analytical skills; strong systems skill set required
WHOI has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy in effect, where you must register your full vaccination status [vaccination plus booster] in order to begin your employment. The registration process is confidential and entails submitting your official vaccination records, or requesting to engage in the interactive exemption process for either a medical or religious reason.
This position is mostly sedentary in nature and involves some repetitive motion such as with data entry. There is also the occasional need for retrieving and replacing files that requires some bending, stooping, pushing and pulling. This position will work alone as well as around and with others. Physical duties are subject to change.
- Full Address 86 Water St, Woods Hole, MA
- Job Street Address 86 Water St
- City Woods Hole