The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking an Advertising and Sponsorship Specialist for the Philanthropy department. In this position you will support the development of sales packages for current and potential sponsors, exhibitors, and advertisers for conferences, special events, Humane Pro and All Animals. The specialist strengthens the growth of corporate involvement by collaborating with various teams across the Humane Society family of organizations to create opportunities across all available platforms. This position reinforces efforts to create the best strategy for each company given their mission.
You will be responsible for:
• Conducting research and prospecting for potential corporate partners, exhibitors and advertisers through related organizations, events, publications, and other leads to be vetted;
• Maintaining and updating sponsor, exhibitor, and advertiser records in ROI;
• Creating insertion orders, contracts, and invoices for advertisers, sponsors and exhibitors for conferences, special events and publications, in coordination with relevant departments;
• Identifying and coordinating external advertising opportunities and trades that promote conferences and special events;
• Providing data on performance metrics, clickthrough rates for reporting for HumanePro, All Animals, and sponsorship engagement;
• Coordinating external ads for event publications, apps, and programs;
• Providing on-site staffing when necessary for conferences and fundraising events;
• Performs other duties or responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or a minimum of two (2) years of equivalent work experience required;
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
• Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with frequent deadlines; high energy, self-motivated and proactive;
• Ability to multitask and be flexible with regard to workload and assignments;
• Ability to exercise sound judgment;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
• Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
• Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
This position is in the DC Metro area-remote eligible
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
1255 23rd Street NW, Suite 450 Washington, DC
Job Street Address