We’re an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Technical Service Manager (TSM) role will function as the Carbon & Biologicals expert for our internal teams, channel partners, and growers. Key responsibilities include executing partner training & enablement, conducting “train the trainer” solutions, assisting on local field experiments and trials, while also functioning as the technical expert on high-value sales, account management, and practice change conversations. The ideal candidate will love technology and agriculture, while also embodying a problem-solving mindset for internal and external partners and customers.
The TSM/Agronomist will cover a territory that includes KY, OH, PA, NY.
- Identify gaps where Indigo can bring value to retail partners:
- Partner with sales and account management to support partners and high-value growers throughout the various Indigo Carbon and Biotrinsic customer journey
- Establish Indigo Offerings with partners through strategic training and ongoing education and support
- Position Indigo as a responsive, pro-active, customer-centric organization
- Provide strategic solutions and support to Indigo account managers seeking to grow Indigo’s Share of wallet with partners and customers
- Serve as an agronomic expert in pre-sales conversations with partners
- Lead initiatives that build awareness and understanding for the adoption of Indigo Carbon, in coordination with KAMs and Carbon Supplier partnership team:
- Provide local resources and support for growers (i.e. NRCS, USDA)
- Serve as a regional resource and expert for Indigo’s offerings and regenerative innovation on Indigo commercial acres. Provide guidance and recommendations to retail partners on practice changes/additionality.
- Provide directional vision and agronomic insights on agronomist and grower facing beneficial-ag tools.
- Has the ability to work cross-functionally with other internal business units to create solutions for issues and promote growth initiatives; can advocate for their partner effectively and respectfully within Indigo
- Strong and succinct communicator: Comfortable speaking at large industry events, with senior leadership and customers/partners
- Ability to train internal/external teams on the Carbon program, regenerative practices and how this can lead to earning Carbon Credits
- Understands and embody the 5 principles of regenerative ag practices; considered a subject matter expert on regenerative practices
- Comfortable with new technology, especially ag software. Can pick up new tech quickly and serve as a subject matter expert on Indigo’s Carbon and Biotrinsic software and technical tools.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Works well in ambiguity
- Curious and perceptive: Enjoys coaching and teaching
- Detail oriented
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to set expectations and deliver on them
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with an Agricultural focus
- Additional education, training, certifications in Regenerative/Sustainability ag practices preferred
- 5+ years of implementing regenerative ag practices
- Proven record of successfully converting growers to regenerative ag practices
- Existing partnerships/relationships with retail partners
- Have a working knowledge of biological products
- Ability to travel regionally
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Remote
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office