The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking an Analyst, Special Events for the Events department. In this position you will be responsible for special event technologies and ensuring effective and streamlined processes across functions, database analytics, finance, gift processing, and production support. You will also be responsible for data tracking and analytics with regard to event attendees, fundraising, and communications.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing all special event technology and data, including registration, list pulls and uploads, event related websites, online auction site, seating software, virtual event software, and keeping event databases and SharePoint up to date;
- Managing and tracking event donations and RSVPs. Partnering with the Accounting department on gift processing, accounting, and allocation, event code creation, etc.;
- Managing registration, check-in, and live auctions;
- Gathering event statistics, populating CRM, and producing reports that analyze event performance for return-on-investment reports;
- Collaborating with various teams and departments to conduct data related list pulls and metrics, including surveys, mail lists and email communications. This includes but is not limited to managing the strategy, timeline, content of the data pulls;
- Providing support for back-end production to include virtual recording coordination and prep, production kit assembly, equipment testing, on-site production support and management of photo, video, database storage and music selection;
- Researching new technologies and trends for special events, creating presentations, and making recommendations to Events team leadership for change. As approved by leadership, implementing and training event staff on new technologies;
- Managing event wrap-up to include acknowledgement letters and thank you gifts;
- Processing invoices, contracts, and purchase orders;
- Responsible for call notes, VIP travel coordination, inventory management, event PowerPoints, and other administrative tasks, as necessary;
- Managing and providing instruction for volunteers approved to work special events.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience required;
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in event planning or another related field required, four (4) years of experience is preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of event and fundraising techniques as well as technical production and ways to implement technology into events; mobile apps, digital signage, social media, etc.;
- Willing and able to travel and work a flexible schedule;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strategic thinking and critical reasoning skills; creative and forward thinking;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred;
- Expertise in Microsoft CRM database and events/fundraising management software (such as ROI) for event and attendee management.
When applying, please upload your resume and cover letter together as one document.
This position is based in the Washington, DC Metro Area – remote eligible.
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Full Address 1255 23rd Street NW, Suite 450 Washington, DC
- Job Street Address 1255 23rd Street NW
- City Washington
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office