The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success. We are trying to make the world better and more sustainable.
- A diverse team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals ready to support you.
- Fast growing, with exciting expansion plans across the US and around the world.
The Assistant Controller – SEC/Audit Reporting will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company. This role will be remote initially but the expectation will be returning to the office sometime in the fall of 2021.
Supervisory Responsibilities of Accounting operations:
- Oversees the operations of the Accounting Department, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Oversees training programs and identifies training needs.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk and where needed asses current accounting operations for improvement and implementation of new processes
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that reports are timely produced and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, international financial and/or SEC reporting standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with general accounting, foreign currency issues, month end close procedures, forecasting and budgeting processes, financial eliminations and consolidations.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial reporting requirements under US GAAP, IFRS and SEC regulations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports with company requirements
- Research and implement technical accounting issues for compliance (e.g., ASC 606 & ASC 842)
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Experience in the design, implementation and rollout of a new ERP system
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- In-depth understanding of accounting statements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Seven or more of related experiences required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark