We are looking for an ambitious, corporate focused attorney to join our small, but mighty in-house legal team, reporting directly to our General Counsel. You will support the legal team with daily corporate and transactional tasks as well as develop excellent working relationships and act as a key resource between the company’s legal department and other functional groups and project teams, including Business Development, Sales, and Finance and other teams to provide guidance in support of their business objectives and contracting needs. You will identify ways and initiate projects to continuously improve templates, processes, and operations. You love functional processes and have a strong desire to improve processes and grow. This is a challenging role with plenty of opportunity in an exciting hyper-growth environment.
What you’ll do
- Help drive the day-to-day activities of the legal team
- Support the General Counsel on strategic projects, financings, corporate governance tasks, and other misc. items that come up
- Help with board and committee meeting logistics, including coordinating, preparing, and distributing board/committee materials, meeting agendas, notifications, minutes, and governance matters
- Support international corporate governance, regulatory compliance, international registrations, compliance, and management of domestic and international subsidiaries
- Build processes to position the legal function to scale with the company as it grows
- Maintain legal records and provide contract lifecycle management support utilizing a variety of tools
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including service agreements, advisor agreements, confidentiality agreements, and other vendor agreements
- Develop relationships to quickly become a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver, and partner to cross-functional groups
What you’ll bring
- A J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school, admission to practical law in a U.S. state (CA preferred) with at least 3 years of relevant experience preferably from a law firm working in the corporate / tech transactions group
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Agile and flexible with the ability to organize, prioritize and manage projects effectively in a rapidly changing and pivoting environment;
- High level of professionalism; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively across our diverse organization;
- You’re a team player and tenacious, gritty self-starter willing to role-up your sleeves and take on any task, no matter how small or big;
- Business acumen and critical thinking required to provide advice that considers all facets of the business – legal, strategic, operational, financial and risk;
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgement;
Additional Information and Requirements
This is a full-time regular position based out of our Headquarters in Alameda, CA.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine..
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and it’s subsidiaries participate
s in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address 300 Wind River Way
- City Alameda