The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Back-Up – Delivery Driver to report directly to the Shipping & Receiving Supervisor. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
Reporting to the Customer Logistics and Planning Manager and Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, the Back-Up – Delivery Driver will deliver fresh produce while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. This role works as part of the Production Operations and Customer Logistics teams to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client. The Back-Up Delivery Driver will also provide our clients with an excellent experience while ensuring orders are properly fulfilled.
- Will serve as backup Driver in the absence of the current Route Driver and/or as needed.
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid New Jersey license.
- Completion of the driving program a plus
- CDL a plus, but not required.
- Clean driving record.
- Experience driving box truck highly desired.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, and lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark