Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
We are looking for a Bioprocess Associate to help run our cloud biomanufacturing facility. Your work will contribute to getting novel biotechnology products to market faster and more efficiently.
You will have an opportunity to build new skills and learn about all aspects of our business. In particular, you will work in our unique microbial bioreactor operations team, working with state-of-the-art robotics, software, and automation equipment.
What you'll do:
- Execute fermentation experiments for customers
- Set up, operate and take down bioreactors
- Process and analyze samples
- Operate analytical instruments
- Follow operating procedures with strong attention to detail
- Communicate experiment details, activity status and potential concerns in an effective manner to the team and management
- Troubleshoot operational issues
- Work cross functionally with Engineers
- Manage tasks using Asana
- Implement improvements to workflows and the laboratory in general
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, microbiology, biotechnology or a related field
- Experience working in a fermentation or cell culture laboratory preferred but not required
- Familiarity with aseptic technique, media preparation, and using microbiology lab equipment including laminar flow hoods, incubators, autoclaves, plate readers, and light microscopes
- Experience working with Google Drive and G Suite Applications
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule:
- Possible Shifts:
- Sunday to Thursday 6am to 2pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- Sunday to Thursday 9am to 5pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- Sunday to Thursday 12pm to 10pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- Tuesday to Saturday 6am to 2pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- Tuesday to Saturday 9am to 5pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- Tuesday to Saturday 12pm to 10pm (5 days a week, 8 hours a day)
- We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco for 4 days a week.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco