Here at Modern Meadow, we are harnessing the power of design, biology, and engineering to produce a range of bioproducts. As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire highly motivated and experienced Bioprocess Engineer to join our biomedical research team. This individual will have an opportunity to join a newer project team and will be working with Modern Meadow's advanced application platforms for the improvement of human health and healing.
- Work within the bioprocess team to develop a fundamental understanding of both the upstream and downstream process including laboratory proficiency of the fermentors, centrifuges, chromatography, and tangential flow filtration skids.
- Collaborate with process engineers, scientists, data scientist and coders on building out a data collection and management system which includes:
- Building out an ELN for USP and DSP
- Exporting data from LIMS/processing equipment and configuring the data into machine readable tables.
- Implementing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Using software such as JMP or tableau to visualize data and provide reports to process engineers, scientists to help facilitate process optimization and development.
- Provide project management support on transferring and scaling up the technology from the Modern Meadow labs to an external CMO facility, which include:
- Preparing technology transfer documents together with SMEs
- Transferring information between the CMO and relevant SMEs
- Providing technical and data management support
- Coordinating shipments and processing requirements of all samples, cell banks, and final products
- Collaborate with the internal mammalian cell culture team as well as external testing labs to facilitate testing of the proteins produced through the bioprocess team/CMOs.
- Enjoys working with cross-functional teams and able to communicate results, conclusions, findings, and recommendations in team meetings.
- Provide mentorship, leadership, and knowledge to research associates and help them develop and achieve project/career goals.
- A degree in Biochemical Engineering/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry or related science with a focus on protein process development
- 3-5 years of relevant R&D experience with a Masters’/ Bachelor's degree
- 0-2 years of relevant R&D experience with a PhD degree
- Strong scientific background in process development
- Strong data science background
- Knowledge of global current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in active pharmaceutical ingredients manufacturing – a PLUS
- Goal-oriented, highly adaptable, and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, passionate, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Modern Meadow is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with anti-discrimination law, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and
affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability
status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- City Nutley