Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
Culture Biosciences is looking for a Bioprocess Supervisor (Fermentation department) that has a passion to build, improve and lead operation teams. In this role, you will lead bioreactor operations, supervise Bioprocesses Associates, troubleshoot operational issues, implement new processes to improve workflows and create robust processes. As a leader of the Operations team you will collaborate with Management, the Technical Transfer team, Project Leads and Engineers to scale and grow the company.
What you'll do:
- Lead and coordinate daily operations in the fermentation reactor team, using effective communication and judgment to make appropriate decisions, troubleshoot, and adhere to the schedule with minimal oversight.
- Ensure an excellent level of communication with other shifts, support resources, project teams and management. Including leading passdown meetings, escalating issues and providing status updates.
- Investigate and resolve problems, identify root causes, and propose process improvements.
- Manage tasks using Asana and load level staff assignments. Including executing operations when required.
- Implement efficient operational techniques and promote standard work across the department.
- Become a subject matter expert, author SOP’s and act as qualified trainer for procedures.
- Ensures all staff are trained and executes work according to procedures.
- Mentors and manages staff, promoting staff development and collaborative relationships.
- You have 3+ years of industry experience, preferably working in microbial fermentation and experience troubleshooting processes.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemical engineering, or a related field.
- You have in-depth cell physiology understanding
- You have experience managing, leading or mentoring staff
- You are a strong communicator, detail-oriented, organized, and proactive.
- You enjoy helping others in the lab, sharing your knowledge, problem-solving, and taking initiative to find solutions and establish scalable workflows.
- You are empathetic, curious, and reflective; you’re able to use these skills effectively to resolve conflicts and compromise with peers and reports
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule: (subject to role)
- Open Shifts:
- Sunday to Wednesday 6am to 4pm ( 4 days a week, 10hours a day)
- Sunday to Wednesday 12pm to 10pm ( 4 days a week, 10hours a day)
- Wednesday to Saturday 6am to 4pm ( 4 days a week, 10hours a day)
- Wednesday to Saturday 12pmto 10pm ( 4 days a week, 10hours a day)
- We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco for 4 days a week.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco