At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About This Role
We are looking to add a Business Analyst, Operations to our growing global organization. In this role you will support the strategy and execution of operational reporting and effectiveness, including: establishing and tracking global KPIs, owning data-driven insights to support key operational and manufacturing decisions, and enabling the Operations division to maintain best-in-class practices across tracking, data integrity, system integrations, and business intelligence insights. You possess superior communication skills, are a strong team player who enjoys working with all levels of staff, and are prepared to roll your sleeves up and dig in on a new task every day.
This position will report to the SVP of Operations and will be based in Santa Barbara, California (upon office reopening). We are looking for someone to join us immediately.
What You’ll Do
- Manage executive and stakeholder coordination and material; you will ensure our department is integrated across a distributed global team by translating complex data into easily comprehensible deliverables, including charts, models, dashboards, and presentations
- Develop processes and procedures to improve operational efficiency, lower cost and improve quality, and prepare communication plans regarding process implementation and facilitate execution
- Ensure we deliver on business improvement projects / commitments by planning, prioritizing, scheduling, and following up with operations team members to ensure delivery of critical tasks, updating project and organizational documents, and supporting general project and business reporting for high-touch global staff
- Support Operations teams in defining critical standard work procedures and products to ensure exemplary quality and consistency
- Build analytical solutions, detailed work plans, lead end-to-end analytical projects from design, to planning, to development, to insights and executive storytelling – all in a consistent and structured manner
- Work collaboratively with Operations leadership to gain alignment on key business goals and priorities; translating that alignment to actionable outcomes that drives measurable business improvements
- Work collaboratively with the Finance and Sales teams to structure monthly operations business performance reports, that compares actual earnings and production to those in the annual plan
- Establish and maintain the Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) framework for the Operations teams including metrics to establish process improvement success; you will help us determine what measures align with our critical goals and when to measure it
- Support the SVP of Operations with Division-specific as well as cross-functional meeting preparation, facilitation, and follow up, in addition to internal and external communications
- Possess good judgement on the sensitivity of information you will have and have access to, and maintain appropriate confidentiality
What We’re Looking For
- A Bachelor’s degree in STEM, business, finance, or management field
- 5+ years of experience at a high growth or large scale company supporting global operations teams in a manufacturing, industrial, multi-site field operations, or capital projects-driven environment
- Ability to breakdown complex business problems into actionable insights and recommend steps to a solution
- Experience with Oracle and Sisense (or related analytics software) and advanced use of Excel or other spreadsheet application
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Experience with operational performance reporting and analysis
- Experience with enterprise project and portfolio management software
- Highly process-oriented, with deep knowledge of business process creation, management, and improvement
- Deep knowledge of effective project management and project leadership for key deliverables, including the application of continuous improvement, business process development, and change management methodologies within matrixed organizations
- Comfortable working in a Mac environment with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and Zoom
- Experience leading and implementing continuous improvement events; LEAN, Six Sigma, or Master Black belt certification preferred
- Proficient in Spanish preferred, not required
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.