What will you do?
As Business Applications Lead at AppHarvest, you will be joining the I.T. team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture working under our Director, Business Applications, to deliver solutions by identifying problems, develop resolutions, and work with end-users and technical teams on action plans. You will educate end-users and explain features and functionality of business applications, while maintaining a high level of expertise on all organizational software and databases.
What does success look like?
- Build and maintain business data integrations across various systems into the ERP system (Business Central) to support company-wide reporting
- Update and manage the ERP system to ensure it provides the company with proper business solutions and accurate information
- Design, develop, and manage SharePoint sites/portals and create apps, workflows, and custom forms to streamline processes, get notifications, synchronize files, and collect data within SharePoint
- Build custom workflows, enable business logic to simplify tasks that enable paperless operations
- Connect our processes and systems using tools like Microsoft Power Automate and Flow
- Create training material for users to understand how to use Business Applications functionality and features
What are the KPI’s?
- Scalability: moving from one operational farm to three by EoY
- Efficiency: building and scaling process efficiencies within the ERP
- Implementation: shift from single farm implementation to platform rollout
What is needed for success?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, and/or related field; or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience; Leadership experience preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central and/or similar major enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
What are some transferable skills?
- Strong adherence to the AppHarvest mission and values and leveraging tech for good
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and deploying new technologies
- Organized and flexible with a collaborative and innovative spirit to be able to adapt to change
- Excellent communication skills – able to speak confidently to all levels organizationally
- Experience working within the Controlled Environment Agriculture (CEA) space ideal
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
- City Lexington