AeroFarms is seeking a Business Intelligence Data Engineer!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be nine billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with people and our planet at the forefront.
Applying its award-winning technology platform, AeroFarms grows using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever to deliver products with elevated flavor, taste, consistency, and nutrition. Some of the ways we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity include:
- Researching and understanding plants at unprecedented levels to be better farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for people and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Setting a new standard for food safety and traceability in our indoor vertical farms
- Investing in our AeroFarms team and fostering a diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, learning and growth
The Business Intelligence Data Engineer will report to the Software Development Manager within AeroFarms IT and will work closely with the IT Program Manager. The job will require quick thinking, flexibility, exceptional interpersonal skills, calm demeanor, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment. You will work with data management (Cubes, Warehouses, Pipelines, Power BI Dashboarding) across multiple business units (Finance, Customer Logistics, Business Transformation, Operations, etc.). You will interact with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Work closely with business units throughout the organization to understand reporting and business intelligence requirements
- Assemble large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Design and develop data cubes, lakes, and pipelines
- Design and develop dashboards and interactive visual reports using Power BI
- Analyze data and present data through reports that aid senior level decision-making throughout the organization, including within Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Logistics, and Operations
- Design, develop, test, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform detailed analytics
- Prepare reference material for users by drafting instructions and knowledge articles
Establish governance processes, including change control, to collect feedback, prioritize enhancements, and continue to update and iterate dashboard and visual tools
Lead visioning sessions with client organizations throughout AeroFarms to understand requirements and design visuals and data logic that fits their business needs
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or Math (or equivalent work experience)
- 5 – 7 Years of Experience in Data related positions
- 2+ Years of Experience with Power BI
Experience with Azure Data Factory
Experience with Azure Data Explorer
- Detailed knowledge of best practice solutions for data management
- Ability to build and optimize data sets, “big data” data pipelines and architectures
- College Degree or Equivalent Experience
Experience with Azure Data Lake Storage and Synapse as a plus
Certifications in PL900, PL100,PL200, PL400, PL600 Power Platform as a plus
Executive presence and strong communications skills
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms
200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you! –
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark