About the Role:
As a Buyer at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture. You will work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to support the procurement of goods and services for operations. You will be securing the best procurement solution for quality, price, and delivery for purchase orders and help establish best practices for purchasing.
What You’ll Do:
- Analyze and implement innovative supply opportunities that deliver the best competitive advantage for cost and quality working both independently
- Drive contract terms that support strategy implementation
- Maintain departmental reports for management review (i.e. open orders, vendor on-time delivery)
- Work effectively in cross-functional environment between greenhouse operations, technology, finance, etc.
- Ensure accuracy and proper approval for all placed PO’s
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain relationships with suppliers; resolve issues related to supplier delivery in a timely manner
- Coordinate and assist with resolving invoice disputes between suppliers and the accounting department
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Supply Chain and/or related certification a plus
- 2+ years' experience in a related role preferred; solid understanding of supply chain end to end
- Collaborative and innovative spirit
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieve results with little oversight
- Great communications and relationship-building skills, especially with internal customers and vendors
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Central (Dynamics) or similar ERP preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
- City Lexington