EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
- Serve as a business partner to the CEO, with direct oversight of S&OP, CMO’s & Manufacturing, QA/QC, Supply Chain, and Regulatory.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team to drive company vision, operational strategy, and annual budget, ensuring that EVERY is in control of its growth trajectory and destiny.
- Help create strategic & long-term plans and annual goals and then make the goals a reality day by day.
- Monitor vendors, suppliers, and manufacturers to ensure that they are efficiently and effectively servicing in a cost-effective manner. Work with production and sourcing teams to diversify and optimize, expanding into new regions as the company continues to grow.
- Oversee large capital deployment projects to drive the expansion of EVERY’'s capabilities and geographic footprint. Specifically, this person will focus on evaluating a ‘build vs buy’ strategy and executing up that decision to ensure a sustainable supply of product at specification.
- Work with new and existing customer supports to build a sustainable, fully integrated supply chain with a kean eye towards efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Correctly enforce company policies product and personell safety procedures to make sure of compliance across all EVERY’s sites & facilities
- Expand and optimize EVERY’s existing planning and QA/QC capabilities to effectively ensure supply.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on all operational management related issues.
- Monitor budget performance as well as ensure budget key performance indicators are met.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with the leadership team, leaders across the company, Board members and other key external stakeholders (eg: major, vendors, investors, etc).
- 15+ years of experience in manufacturing and supply chain roles, with at least 5+ years of experience in strategic, senior leadership role. Prior experience with both in-house and CMO manufacturing is a must.
- Experience in the food manufacturing sector, with specific expsoure to working with fermentation, biotechnology, and/or novel ingredients. Experience in a highly regulated environment is also preferred.
- Proven success leading a manufacturing and supply chain organization in a dynamic and high growth environment.
- Spearheading strategies to steer the company’s future in a positive direction and developing profitable operating solutions as the company continues to scale.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen with an understanding of business financials, budgets, etc. and the implications associated with supply chain processes.
- Ability to create a strong service culture that will enable an organization to deliver an unmatched experience to customers.
- Strong track record of success implementing best-in-class continuous improvement methodologies.
- Experience developing, implementing, and achieving KPIs and operating metrics that are well-aligned with the company’s short and long term growth plans.
- Gravitas and “credibility” with internal stakeholders, shareholders and executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations/supply chain management, or other related field. MBA/ MS preferred.
- Inspiring leader and people manager who can drive the team towards ambitious but achievable goals
- High-intellectual horsepower; able to see across a business P&L and understand the implications of their decision making in all aspects of the business
- Persuasive and motivating with people, maintaining high expectations and accountability
- Creative and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker; consistently brings new ideas and strategies to the table beyond the pre-existing playbook
- Driven leader with the ability to foster teamwork and creativity in a fast-paced culture
- Results oriented with an unrelenting drive to succeed and win
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and influencing skills to work effectively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholder
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- City South San Francisco