The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
As a Combiner Technician, you will be responsible for the safe and proper combination and handling of growing containers and equipment. The Combiner Technician will will be an energetic, organized, and responsible individual with high standards and good judgment. Reporting to the Head Grower, the Combiner Technician will make sure his/her/their team will always contribute to and comply with safety and quality rules of the Company, finish tasks in a timely manner, always be on top of communicated priorities, and create a positive work environment. The Combiner Technician must be able to operate with minimal supervision but also ask questions if they are not sure of the answer and create an open and honest environment for their team.
Health and Safety regulations:
Necessary health, food safety, hygiene and environmental standards should be observed all the time on the Grow Room.
The Combiner Technician should have a set of traits and values that guide his/her actions with employees and, the Company will provide direction through his/her career. These principles are also an important tool for self-evaluation to identify strengths and weaknesses to seek self-improvement. Always observe AEROFARMS principles: Collaboration, Communication, Accountability, Agility, Respect and Empowerment.
- Operate forklifts and powered pallet jacks
- Keep conveyor systems appropriately loaded with pallets of materials
- Follow orders of loading based on the digital controls systems and Plans of the Day (POD)
- Apply processes aids at the appropriate steps
- Follow all food safety principals
- Must maintain a clean Grow Room environment.
- Enforce “Safety First Policy” making safety always the number one priority.
- Show a “Continuous Improvement” mentality and remain updated on common goals.
- Understand principals of working in an automated warehouse environment and respect all safety procedures
- Forklift Operation experience/ certification
- Proven to be goal focused and results oriented.
- Must be detail oriented
- Strong and creative problem solver and must be comfortable with basic science and math.
- An attentive listener and willing to learn, a leader that is empathetic and team oriented.
- Physically up to the demands of being on your feet and moving most of the day. Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Experience with food safety protocols desired.
- Experience with digital inventory/ RF scanners desired.
- Experience with hydroponic/aeroponic indoor systems, and vertical farming desired.
- Positive, respectful attitude.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Strong communication skills and definitively a team worker.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Helpful if able to speak or understand Spanish.
- Flexibility to work, at least, one weekend day per week is a must.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Physical demands – May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds.
- Schedule days will be established with the Head Grower.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms
200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you! –
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark