Commercial Director, Global Markets
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, grow healthy food for all, and conserve resources for future generations. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, rice, corn, and soybeans. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with commercial and customer service based in Memphis, TN. www.indigoag.com
Indigo’s Global Markets team is responsible for creating and executing company-wide hedging strategies and risk management. This group also serves as subject matter experts in derivatives, pricing tools, market analysis, pricing strategy, and deal structuring.
The Commercial Director for Global Markets is responsible for the cross-functional alignment between the commercial and global markets teams within the company portfolio. This individual will become a trusted partner to both internal and external stakeholders, explaining and positioning new and unique products and commercializing Indigo’s offerings. A key responsibility will be to collaborate with the Legal and Compliance teams to co-create, train, and roll out processes intended to reduce regulatory and market risk. The Commercial Director for Global Markets is an innate relationship-builder with adherence to risk controls and proven selling ability.
- Lead cross-functional alignment between Indigo’s commercial and global markets teams to achieve growth targets for the business
- Commercialize Indigo offerings and bring to external stakeholders
- Leverage a deep understanding of Indigo’s pricing tools to train customer facing teams and become a trusted SME for both internal and external stakeholders
- Partner internally with the Legal and Compliance teams to co-create, train, and roll out processes intended to reduce regulatory and market risk
- Partner with different customer facing teams to help explain Indigo’s technical capabilities and position new and unique products
- Support partnership agreements with strategic customers by providing technical expertise, adherence to risk controls, and strong selling ability
The requirements below are a wish list – not a hard set of “boxes” you need to check to move forward. The Indigo Global Markets team is building an inclusive, team-oriented organization, and we want you to apply, regardless of whether you meet all the requirements below.
- 8+ years’ experience in agriculture with an intimate understanding of industry players and market forces
- Strong selling and relationship-building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience with pricing tools, risk management, and understanding of derivatives
- Experience managing complex and fast-paced projects with a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to operate with a strong compliance mindset and ensure business adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Highly accountable and risk minded; Team player
- Role can be remote or based in Boston. If remote, must be willing to travel up to 1 week per month to Boston
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Remote
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office
- Area Where Applicant Must Live for Remote Job