Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
Our Commercial team is responsible for ensuring Plenty’s commercial success across products and channels. This includes Sales, Marketing and Business Development. The Sales/Business Development team identifies and drives Plenty’s growth into new channels, crops, products, markets, and strategic partnerships. The Marketing team is responsible for ensuring Plenty’s success by driving demand and velocity and setting the brand direction to define a new food category. The Commercial team drives the company to decisions around which strategic growth opportunities to pursue and then coordinates the effort to execute on those decisions in partnership with the appropriate cross-functional teams and external partners.
As the Commercial MBA Intern, you will work cross-functionally across Sales, Marketing, Business Development, and Commercial Products to quickly drive outsized impact as Plenty prepares to launch the largest indoor vertical farm for leafy greens in the US. This role will report into Plenty’s Director of Business & Product Development with some projects supporting the Director of Integrated Marketing and/or VP of Marketing.
We’re looking for someone who is excited to share Plenty’s mission with the world and create a meaningful impact on Plenty’s Commercial growth.
As the MBA intern on the Commercial team, you’ll support a handful of key projects to fuel Plenty’s Go-to-Market strategy. Projects may include:
Brand and Product Management
- Collaborate with the Director of Business and Product Development, Finance team, and Program Management team to develop product-level P&Ls for leafy greens. Drive insights on optimization of products and portfolio towards Plenty’s revenue and margin targets
- Use brand, industry, and other resources to identify business issues and opportunities and to develop strategic and programming recommendations to achieve brand goals
- Develop and pitch innovative ideas for Plenty’s product portfolio
- Create Plenty’s Brand Management playbook, including best practices and dashboards
- Consumer: Collaborate with Director of Brand on both qualitative & quantitative research and data analysis to create strategic recommendations based on market trends & consumer behavior
- Competitor: Collaborate with Director of Brand and Sales/BD team to develop an overview of the positioning and representative brand activations/activities/partnerships of a set of key competitors including recommendations for Plenty
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Agency teams to help successfully launch our presence in the Compton and Bay Area markets, focus will be on local events and activations.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for Plenty’s expansion that contribute to Plenty’s brand goals
- Perform business analysis to strengthen Plenty’s shopper marketing program
- Manage other special projects as needed including PR events, new customer launch programs, and developing marketing asset kits based on use case and audience
- A genuine interest and passion for Plenty’s mission
- Current MBA with 3+ years of previous work experience (preferably in CPG, Marketing, Design Thinking, Product Management or other related field)
- Best-in-class oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working with data and driving insights and hypotheses from various data sources
- An ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, cross-functional environment; comfortable managing complex processes with significant ambiguity
- Proven to be results-oriented with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm for our mission
Full time internship – 89 days
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- City South San Francisco