Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
We currently have an opening for a Construction Manager in our Hamilton facility or remote. The pay range will be $100,000 to $120,000 per year.
A Construction Manager at Local Bounti is responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning, and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Construction Manager must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, self-starter, critical thinker with an intense focus on delivering results against high standards, directing work of subcontractors, develop strong working relationships with general contractor, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties, solutions orientated problem solver. This requires a thorough understanding of the Local Bounti investment parameters, resource allocation and cross‐departmental leveraging. The Construction Manager will report to the VP of Construction. The Construction Manager will be responsible for maintaining relationships in the construction community to provide intelligence.
The Construction Manager will typically manage multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work in a fast‐paced, multi‐task environment, balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments.
- Facilitate the development of cost estimates including conceptual estimates prior to design as well as detailed time and materials estimates from design
- Accountable for delivering projects including but not limited to, vendor management, budgets, schedules, communication both internally and external.
- Prepare monthly forecast to complete and projected cash flow
- Facilitate the development master schedules based on scope, location, and business needs
- Responsible for coordinating multiple groups both internal and external.
- Analyze monthly construction contractor schedule updates; review/approve invoices and pay applications.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and
- Independently write reports and
- Client/business development
- Resource/subject matter expert for real estate during due diligence
- Occasionally, develop and make presentations to groups to include clients and public meetings.
- Own change management process with internal stakeholders
- Maintain project cost controls, reviewing and approving all change orders
- Frequent travel to jobsites required
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction with emphasis in complex, fast‐ track, or phased project delivery.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a project lead
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem‐solving ability, specifically the ability to access resources inside and outside of the
- Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level with significant
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks to achieve both corporate and project
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial, numerical – as relevant to the development process.
- Strategic thinking, demonstrated by ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understanding of organization's strengths & weaknesses; accurate and thorough analyses of costs and market conditions; identification of external issues and opportunities; and adaptation of strategy to changing conditions.
- Business acumen, demonstrated by understanding of business implications of decisions; orientation to profitability; knowledge of market and competition; and alignment of work with strategic goals.
- Superior negotiating skills and a personable
- Leadership skills, demonstrated by confidence in self and others; ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; and ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of
- Problem solving expertise, demonstrated by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; working with others to solve complex
- Interpersonal skills, demonstrated by considering and responding appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; tactfulness; treating others with respect; and relating effectively to others when encountering difficult
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; scheduling software such as MS Project, Primavera, or
- LEED accreditation a
- City Hamilton