The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Food and Nutrition for the Campaigns department. In this role you will assist the Food and Nutrition team in persuading institutional food service providers and corporations to add more plant-based menu options and then help them do so. You will also assist the team in spearheading regional and local efforts to enact policies and programs to encourage a more plant-based diet.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching and identifying new institutions to establish relationships with; scheduling meetings, providing information on campaign(s), and beginning to persuade and influence them to reduce meat and use more plant-based options;
- Maintaining relationships with institutions with check-ins, emails, phone calls, and meetings with the goal of persuading them to increase plant-based options;
- Scheduling, coordinating, and executing educational trainings and workshops with food service accounts with the goal of persuading them to increase plant-based options;
- Collaborating with team members to brainstorm creative ideas and ways to persuade and influence institutions and companies to increase plant-based options.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in food and nutrition, preferably within institutional food service (University, K-12, or Business and Industry) and/or advocacy required.;
- Knowledge of food and food service industry procurement a plus;
- Knowledge about factory farming, nutrition/health and environmental issues a plus;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- A high level of confidence, integrity, interpersonal skills, and a professional executive presence for effectively interacting with and influencing others, internally and externally, as well as for facilitating meetings and conducting public speaking/presentations;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member in a team environment;
- Must be willing and able to travel;
- A valid driver’s license is required, and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed.
This is a remote position.
Submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
1255 23rd Street, NW, Suite 450, Washington, DC
Job Street Address
1255 23rd Street, NW, Suite 450
Total Years of Experience