As the Corporate Controller you will be responsible for managing the business and accounting processes and systems to achieve an effective environment of financial controls and will play a pivotal role in the success of our financial function at Eat Just.
Qualified candidates will be energized by the opportunity to deliver accurate and timely accounting transactions and financial reporting, to establish streamlined business processes and drive continuous improvement for efficient and compliant finance infrastructure capable of scaling with rapid growth of business. This role will report directly to our CFO with dotted line to VP of Finance, and have direct oversight of the accounting operations team.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP;
- Oversee the accounting operations, including supervision of outsourced contract accounting staff;
- Lead the company’s activities with external auditors and internal control documentation implementation and compliance processes; lead the day-to-day coordination of external audit work;
- Participate in the SOX compliance work by working with the SOX team on design of controls, process documentation, control testing and risk remediation plans
- Manage technical accounting, including staying current with the latest GAAP pronouncements, writing of memos, and implementing new FASB Statements;
- Develop and drive the adoption of best practices in common processes and systems across the company;
- Manage the submission of income, property, franchise, and other tax returns;
- Develop and maintain internal controls appropriate for GAAP financial reporting;
- Identify and research appropriate treatment of complex accounting transactions;
- Collaborate closely within the Finance team to provide transaction details and data support for financial analysis and decision making;
- Develop relationships and work closely with both internal and external stakeholders including the larger finance team, business leaders, senior management and auditors to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner.
What you’ll bring
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited four-year university;
- Active CPA (or equivalent) is required;
- 10+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or relevant capacity, including as a Controller or Director of Accounting with public or private company leadership roles;
- Experience in establishing and successfully implement internal controls, accounting policies, and financial systems;
- Experience with audit process and interaction with outside auditors;
- Experience in a fast-paced organization with ability to adapt to and work in a fast growth-oriented and rapid changing environment highly preferred;
- Experience in packaged consumer goods or retail industry is desirable;
- Experience in preparing consolidated financial statements for private and public company reporting is a must;
- Natural leader with proven track record of identifying, managing and developing a team;
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations and reporting requirements;
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal; able to communicate complex concepts and risk factors to stakeholders and influence decision making;
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively and collaboratively with various business partners at all levels of an organization;
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a regular full-time role reporting to our headquarters in Alameda, CA.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created America’s fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Entrepreneur’s “100 Brilliant Companies,” CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s “100 Greatest Innovations” and Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- For more on JUST Egg, visit: http://ju.st
- For more on GOOD Meat, visit: http://goodmeat.co
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address 300 Wind River Way
- City Alameda