Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Custodial/Maintenance Technician to join our Plant Science team. In this role, you will be a part of a dynamic team working to maintain the operation and sanitation of equipment and systems throughout the facility. You will help keep our office spaces clean and have an active role in taking care of the daily sanitation needs of our farms. If you are a proactive, organized, and operationally focused individual that thrives in a fast-paced environment, you’ve found the right place!
What you'll do
- Responsible for custodial and research sanitation of buildings, ensuring cleanliness of meeting rooms, hallways, flooring, office and bathroom sanitation, vacuuming, and trash removal.
- Assist in keeping snacks and drinks well stocked.
- Work with team members to learn the preventive maintenance and sanitation procedures on all plant and farm equipment in a timely and thorough manner. This includes helping with the sanitation of a variety of farms, and research environments.
- Learn how to inspect the irrigation systems, and help monitor the plant health.
- Learn how to respond to the changes in trials and trial dates as listed in the project tracker.
- Receive training in the proper handling and use of the pesticides that we use to control plant pathogens.
- Learn how to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on damaged or malfunctioning equipment.
- Help in response to facility emergency situations
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as relates to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Comply with all documentation requirements for Pesticide Handlers. Receive certification and training for the use of chemicals.
What you'll bring to the table
- 1+ year experience as a Custodian, or another role that requires keeping a space organized and cleaned, is helpful, but not required.
- High School diploma or equivalent work experience.
- A sense of responsibility and organization.
- Willingness to work in a variety of indoor environments.
- Eagerness to learn about Indoor Farm Maintenance.
- Ability to accurately follow operation manuals, manufacturing and installation instructions.
- Ability to understand Safety Data Sheets, and follow the instructions for proper handling of chemicals.
- Willing to work weekend shifts, and able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through and finish assigned tasks.
- Able to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems.
- Physically able to unpack, pack, lift, and transport boxed items weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work independently on standard role tasks.
- Ability to follow directions for work that is outside of the standard work.
- Some familiarity with using computers; or, willingness to learn.
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive wage, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits from day one, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off: we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we offer 2 weeks of paid time off + 6 days of paid sick leave per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave: 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product complies with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system
- City Laramie