abillion is a digital platform that helps people around the world discover and make more sustainable choices. Launched in 2018 by CEO Vikas Garg, the company is unique in harnessing the power of social media for social good. The abillion app has been downloaded by more than one million people and the company has donated more than US $1,000,000 to life-saving causes around the world. Consumer reviews, along with consumer insights, are shared with business owners, influencing more than 120,000 brands worldwide to offer more sustainable options.
We’re a team of tech geeks and sustainability warriors building an ecosystem to inspire and connect people and businesses around the world. Join us as we build a mission-driven tech company that stands for positive social change at every step.
The Data team at abillion is looking to hire a Data Scientist to harness the wealth of data on our platform with Analytics and Artificial Intelligence techniques. The ultimate goal is to improve user experience, accelerate business growth, and eliminate internal inefficiencies. The Data team’s role is to design, develop, and deploy data models, leverage data insights to power critical business and product decisions, and produce high quality research for the plant-based investment community. This is an exciting and challenging role that involves cross-team collaboration with the Growth, Design, Product, Business Development, and Engineering teams. You can expect to work on high impact projects, and should be prepared to move fast and adapt quickly. You are also someone with experience in Data Science projects, and are able to develop creative data solutions.
- The role has responsibilities across Product Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Research
- Leverage Data to evaluate feature performance and influence product decisions on topics like product engagement, conversion, churn, and more
- Employ statistical methods to design and execute product experiments
- Build Natural Language Processing & Deep Learning models for information extraction
- Develop recommendation engines that power personalized suggestions and enhance user experience
- Design, build, and maintain KPI dashboards that business stakeholders rely on to make key decisions
- Monitor and assess campaign performance, and communicate findings to business teams to drive growth
- Collaborate with team leads to understand and fulfil their data automation needs
- Conduct research on topics related to the plant-based market (e.g., plant-based meat, dairy alternatives, top vegan cities)
- Perform rigorous data analysis and leverage data visualisation techniques to publish deep-dive research reports for the investment community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or Business Analytics
- Experience in Data Science projects with minimum 2-3 years of work experience as a Data Scientist
- Technical competencies in Python/R, Deep Learning & Machine Learning Techniques, Data Visualisation Techniques, and Natural Language Processing
- Exposure to Cloud Infrastructure and Tooling
- Project management, research writing, and cross-functional collaboration and communication
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Extremely driven with a strong desire to achieve results
- Strong passion for sustainability
- Full Address 160 Robinson Rd, #22-09, Singapore
- Job Street Address 160 Robinson Rd
- City Singapore