Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a database engineer that will develop an integrated digital platform for scientific data management spanning analytical data capture and processing, database design and management, and data retrieval and visualizations to drive decision making from internal R&D data. This candidate should have deep experience in database and web software development, preferably for scientific applications. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s R&D team.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Optimize and maintain internally developed automated analytics data pipelines
- Design and build database infrastructure for structured and unstructured data storage and retrieval
- Design and develop data query infrastructure to contribute in the development of machine learning models from internal R&D data
- Design, architect and build an integrated digital platform to access and visualize internal R&D data to support scientific decision-making
- Develop standards of operation when handling and archiving data
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Working knowledge of SQL and/or R Shiny and/or Python
- Database design and development (Oracle, MySQL/MySQL Workbench) experience
- Database certification
- Experience translating unstructured data into serialized (JSON, xml, yml) and/or structured (DB) data
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300
- City Cambridge