Hi. We’re daring foods. We were founded in 2018 by Ross Mackay and Eliott Kessas. And we’re on a mission to change the food system, starting with daring pieces—the sustainable, nutritious and delicious 100% plant-based chicken alternative that’s inspiring more and more people every day to give chicken the bird. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in over 360 stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. So if changing the way the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we dare you to join us.
What we need.
We’re looking for a Design Director to be the driving force behind Daring’s visual identity, ensuring our brand presents itself powerfully and consistently across all communications and customer touchpoints. The ideal candidate is a born leader, big thinker and obsessive doer, eager to guide a team of talented designers from high concept through execution and happy to dig into the nitty gritty right beside them. They never run out of passion or ideas. And they’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and help this challenger brand shake up the food system.
What you’ll do.
- Deliver aesthetically beautiful, on-brand and on-strategy creative across a wide range of print and digital media, including packaging, website, social media, email, video, OOH, POS, display and various pieces of marketing collateral
- Establish, apply and evolve a comprehensive design vision to ensure work is compelling, consistent and scalable
- Implement design systems, processes and templatization where appropriate to facilitate top-quality and efficient execution
- Manage the entire creative process from concept through completion, from large-scale integrated campaign work to one-off deliverables
- Help lead and direct both internal and external resources in the production of all marketing collateral
- Work closely with the marketing team on various projects and communications including overall theme development and individual pieces
- Coordinate with partner marketing departments to ensure optimal brand representation, regardless of context
- Review and approve the quality of all branded materials prior to and after delivery for accuracy and design
- Mentor creative team members to hone and expand their skill set
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages personal growth and provides opportunities for professional development
- Stay abreast of design trends and industry knowledge
Who you are.
- 10+ years experience designing for both challenger and industry leading brands, especially in the CPG space
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing a collaborative design team
- Experience designing for both B2C and B2B
- Exceptional skills across Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong knowledge of available channels for brand building
- Serious conceptual firepower
- Strong aesthetic vision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to direct, lead and critique creative work
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An outstanding sense of humor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
We can’t wait to talk daring with you.