We are looking for a Diesel/Compressor Mechanic to join the Dandelion team! As we grow our operations and our fleet of equipment, we need an expert that is available to attend to all of our equipment and machinery. Not only will you be responsible for traveling to different sites and locations to perform maintenance on our equipment, you will be tasked with carrying out preventative maintenance procedures. This role will report directly to our Regional Operations Manager.
- Consult with drivers regarding vehicle and equipment problems.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate electrical diagrams and machine faults
- Diagnose problems prior to repairs, evaluate vehicles after repairs are made, as appropriate.
- Troubleshooting and repair of equipment such as generators, large compressors, hydraulics, diesel engines, etc.
- Minor repairs and adjustments of body components such as toolboxes, doors, seals, mud flaps, etc.
- Repairs of pneumatic tools and small engine equipment such as jackhammers, drills, compactors, generators, pumps, etc.
- Provide road service due to breakdowns, dead batteries are broken hydraulic lines, flat tires, etc.
- Perform excavator repairs such as replacing bucket teeth, repairing hydraulic hoses and leaks, repairing bushings, and grease fittings.
- Perform drill rig repairs such as repairing hydraulic hoses and leaks, repairing bushings, and grease fittings.
- Execute all forms and reports as required,
- Document all work/repairs performed in fleet databases.
- May be assigned other fleet work as needed.
- Diesel mechanic with 2+ years of experience
- Large compressor mechanic with 2+ years of experience
- Eager to learn and contribute to the wealth of knowledge from the team
- Personable, with the ability to share customers’ excitements and concerns.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Live within 30 minutes of Peekskill, NY.
- Ability to safely lift weights of 80-100 pounds overhead
- Can travel on a limited basis based on maintenance needs.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day — not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road… and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
- City Peekskill