GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Donations Coordinator supports the mission and fundraising activities of Project Chimps through positive communications and engagement with low-to-mid-level donors, accurate processing of donations, and support of all donation sources. The Donations Coordinator reports to the Manager of Administration and works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Philanthropy, and other leadership personal for enhancing relationships with donors and prospective donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are derived from SECTION C, Performance Standards.
· Contribute to a positive and professional organizational culture that promotes Project Chimps’ values, mission, and vision
· Provide excellent customer service, and respond in a timely manner to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication from supporters and the general public
· Receive and process monetary and in-kind donations (online and offline, including website, checks, wishlist, social media, and other online and offline donation sources).
· Accurately prepare and send donor acknowledgements and communications (e.g., thank you letters/cards, sponsorship packets, other) in a timely manner.
· Participate in seasonal thank you letter “Refresh” draft and review.
· Import data accurately into the central donor database (Salesforce); update information as needed
· Generate donation/donor-related reports during the year, as needed (e.g., Holiday Card List, Lapsed Donors, Chimp Sponsorships, Expiring Sponsorships, Failed Credit Cards, etc.) for use by the team.
· Maintain and/or develop logs (in Excel) for special activities (e.g., Hiking visitors, Special Thank You Dedication Log, etc.)
· Compile visitor waivers across sources (online, tablet, paper), import to central database and import opt-ins to email marketing system.
· Assist with reviewing/testing marketing materials before deployments (emails, social posts)
· Assist in reviewing performance of campaigns (e.g., GDA, GT, opens, clicks, donated amounts) and evaluating performance of new donation sources (e.g., Text-to-Donate, Email to prospects, Direct Mail, Double the Donation, etc.)
· Analyze report data from all sources to determine cross channel doners
· Assist in the stewardship and growth of the monthly sustaining donor and chimp sponsorship program.
· Provide input to the annual budget for donation-related supplies (e.g., photos, incentives, etc.)
· All other duties as assigned
a. Follows all safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment. Takes immediate action to address any safety concern or noncompliance of safety rules that could put an employee, volunteer, client, chimpanzees’, or the organization at risk.
PERIPHERAL DUTIES are derived from SECTION C, Performance Standards.
- May develop, conduct or supervise advancements in socialization and introduction procedures.
- Actively participating in team problem-solving and decision making processes; required attendance at staff meetings.
3. Is prepared to travel for meetings and continuing education.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit administration, hospitality, or philanthropy-related fields preferred
- A minimum of one year of business experience in nonprofit setting or customer service environment preferred
- A minimum of one year’s experience using Microsoft Office Programs required
- A minimum of one year’s experience using Salesforce donor database required
- Experience using an art-edit software (e.g., Canva) is a plus.
- NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive and patient customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible, and use good judgement
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, and experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Computer skills, including word processing and database management
9. Because effective communication is essential to maintain safe working conditions and respond effectively
Supervise volunteers and interns in normal daily duties; additionally, mentor assigned interns on individual projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have good physical agility, strength, vision & hearing, and the ability to perform strenuous physical work in extremes of weather and challenging physical environments, (e.g. outdoor animal enclosures). Specifically, this means the ability to lift 25 pounds, walk, stand, see animals & exhibits for observation and safety as well as hear animal’s sounds, radio communication and emergency situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and talk. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to hear and see near and far. Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl, run, and climb stairs and ladders frequently.
Employee must also be able to operate vehicles.
The employee must also meet medical screening and vaccination requirements.
Flexible scheduling; will be assigned to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Will be working around dangerous animals.
Natural odors from these species and their fecal waste will be high.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.22 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Full Address 2130 Lowery Rd, Morganton, GA
- Job Street Address 2130 Lowery Rd,
- City Morganton