Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
- Develop Engineers to develop technologies that support our company’s mission
- Lead the Hardware and Devices group on our Engineering team, taking responsibility for all managerial functions
- Provide hands-on technical leadership to your team
- Engineer solutions to problems of thermal, mechanical, and systems integration for a range of Plenty farming technologies. Lighting (LEDs and Controllers), Sensors (Cameras, Temp, rh)
- Your team will source and co-manufacture solutions with Procurement
- Author and manage product specifications and requirements
- Collaborate with program managers, supply chain, and other groups inside and outside of Plenty to launch your products.
- Develop and execute the strategic plan for the Hardware and Devices program by partnering with internal stakeholders (Plant Science, Operations, Product Management)
- 10+ years of experience designing and supporting product development programs in life sciences, consumer electronics or a related field and B.S. or higher degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or a related field
- You have demonstrated success in scaling proprietary technology through your strong engineering fundamentals.
- You have strong experience with analysis and data that drive prototyping that drives successful final designs.
- Experience managing external engineering firms and consultants
- Progressive experience leading and developing a highly technical team of engineers and managers, yet have experience and success as an individual contributor in your career
- In-depth understanding of mechanical, electrical, thermal, and structural systems integration
- Experience taking a product from design to delivery
- Experience with design and approval of safety certifications, such as UL or CE marked products
- A positive individual with a bias towards collaboration
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- Ensure equipment design is of a material suitable for food safety and designed in a way that is smooth and easily cleanable
- Participate and lead in the annual Management review of the Food Safety and quality system
- Ensure appropriate allocation of resources for food safety and quality and responsible for Food Safety at Plenty
- City South San Francisco