Help lead our team of specialists engaging the private sector to advance alternative proteins
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of animals.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will directly impact the transformation of the global food system by helping to lead the Corporate Engagement (CE) department to continued success in accelerating the alternative protein industry. Working with the Vice President of Corporate Engagement, you will help set the strategy and ensure smooth operation of the Corporate Engagement department. The Director of Corporate Engagement will be responsible for:
- Working with the Vice President of Corporate Engagement to set the strategic vision for the Corporate Engagement department and leading the operationalization of strategic plans.
- Managing up to 5 team members directly and assisting the Vice President of Corporate Engagement with oversight of the department (currently 12 members and growing).
- Overseeing department operations including the hiring, training, and developing of staff; leading planning processes; evaluating and improving reporting processes; and developing SOPs.
- Partnering with the Vice President of Corporate Engagement to build out and strengthen our department practices to align our work across the team and across the organization.
- Guiding CE audience engagement strategy and coordinating outreach efforts across the team; supporting engagements as needed.
- Supporting international affiliates and developing systems for improving coordination across the Corporate Engagement teams of GFI’s international affiliates in Brazil, Europe, Israel, and Asia with the U.S. Corporate Engagement team’s activities.
- Overseeing the creation, evaluation, and tracking of the Corporate Engagement team’s objectives, key results, and action plans.
- Building strong internal relationships to ensure consistent, accurate information exchange between the Corporate Engagement team and other GFI departments, as well as our international affiliates.
- Cultivating a positive and collaborative team environment, helping to motivate the team and manage team workflow.
- Working with the Vice President of Corporate Engagement to strengthen DEI efforts on the Corporate Engagement team.
- Supporting the Vice President of Corporate Engagement in budget planning and oversight.
- Ensuring that the Corporate Engagement team properly uses Salesforce and other resources to coordinate and track corporate engagement strategies, record activities, and maintain updated prospect information.
- Standing in for the Vice President of Corporate Engagements for external engagements as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Director of Corporate Engagement must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of experience in marketing, sales or operations within the packaged food and beverage industry or equivalent experience in management consulting.
- At least three years of experience in a supervisory position with two or more direct reports.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how the food and beverage industry operates, from manufacturers to retailers.
- A strong interest in growing alternative protein market share.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- High-level of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and adapt to rapidly evolving organizational growth opportunities.
- Engaging interpersonal skills with experience building and maintaining fruitful working relationships.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment—comfort pivoting to meet opportunity while paying attention to strategic priorities.
- Experience in Salesforce and Asana preferred.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
- A commitment to GFI’s values: believe change is possible, do the most good we can, share knowledge freely, act on evidence, and invite everyone to the table.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Research indicates that men tend to apply for jobs when they meet just 60% of the criteria, while women and people from other marginalized groups only apply if they are a 100% match. If you are passionate about GFI’s mission and think you have what it takes to be successful in this role even if you don’t check all the boxes, please apply. We’d appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Caroline Bushnell, Vice President of Corporate Engagement
- Location: Remote; United States
- Travel: Two weeks per year for organizational retreats, plus one to two weeks per quarter for select events or meetings (once travel and in-person events can safely resume).
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- COVID vaccination policy: GFI requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be requested before the start of employment. GFI will consider requests for accommodations or exemptions from this policy on a case by case basis, in accordance with applicable laws.
- Salary: $90,000-$100,000 (depending on experience and qualifications)
Application are accepted on a rolling basis.
If after reviewing this job description, you have decided not to apply, please let us know why by completing this short survey. You can also sign-up to receive our newsletter with information about current and upcoming open roles at GFI and to let us know what types of roles you are interested in!
- Full Address 1380 Monroe St. NW #229 Washington DC
- Job Street Address 1380 Monroe St. NW #229
- City Washington