How to apply: After reading the job description entirely, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position and why you want to work at Rebellyous Foods. We are seeking to hire for this position immediately.
About Us: Rebellyous Foods (RF) is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up providing scrumptious, juicy, plant-based chicken products in the food service and retail channels. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific, high-quality plant-based meat products to effectively serve the market to replace animal-based meat on a large scale. We achieve this through the design, development, and implementation of new production equipment, methods and systems for enhanced plant-based meat production. We operate three major divisions: 1) Sales & Marketing, 2) Manufacturing & Logistics, 3) Equipment Research & Development. This position would operate HR functions across the company.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking an experienced, conscientious, flexible, and detail-oriented Director of Human Resources & Recruiting who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, takes pride in working in a fast-paced, constantly changing early-stage startup environment and thrives working in an intense food manufacturing workplace. This person will manage all aspects of company-wide human resources, including regulatory compliance, and will lead the development of a positive and supportive work culture.
Flexibility, hard work, and keen follow through are critical for success for employees in a startup environment. Frequent after hours and weekend work is required. This role will provide the right candidate an opportunity to stretch his or her capabilities and grow his or her skills. Working at Rebellyous is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a fast growing, mission-focused start-up and to help build the company. The position reports to the VP, Business Operations.
- Lead all aspects of human resources within the company: talent recruitment, performance management, salary scaling, budgeting, professional development, employee engagement, employee relations, payroll and benefits, and records management.
- Direct the scope of all positions in the company to effectively help grow staff and recommend new positions including supporting company leaders in identification of skill gaps.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive recruiting program to effectively fill positions in the company.
- Lead and coordinate onboarding and training of new employees.
- Manage training programs and requirements for the entire staff.
- Manage payroll and benefits programs.
- Create and manage company policies and ensure consistent policy implementation and compliance.
- Working with the VP of Business Operations as needed, manage employee relations, including conflict resolution, code of conduct violations, and any investigations required to resolve complaints.
- Develop retention efforts and manage employee promotions, recognition, and appreciation programs.
- Help develop and lead a strategic company culture plan and collaborate with the executive team to implement.
- Monitor and analyze attrition, attendance, and other key HR metrics in order to make recommendations to the executive team supported by data.
- Manage and monitor unemployment claims.
- Stay updated on HR trends and employment laws to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Streamline and automate human resources processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness within the department.
- Develop and own HR metrics/dashboards.
- Manage all HR-related software and systems.
- Recognize process and functionality gaps; create or source and recommend solutions.
Qualifications: Candidates should have all of the following credentials:
- 5+ years of experience as an HR Generalist or Personnel Manager.
- 1+ years of experience recruiting staff (technical recruiting is a strong advantage).
- Formal training to manage workforce compliance (a variety of training might apply).
- Ability to maintain a current knowledge base of employment regulations/laws, payroll, benefits (e.g state paid sick leave), and HR-related trends and processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a cross-functional team atmosphere.
- Familiarity with, and understanding of employment laws, including FMLA, ADA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, and EEO.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of Good Manufacturing
Processes (GMPs) is desirable.
- Compassionate people-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Experience recruiting and hiring hourly, seasonal, or temporary employees is helpful.
- Experience in a start-up environment is highly desirable.
- Experience in foodservice or food production is highly desirable.
- Experience using HR, recruiting, and/or payroll software systems.
- Mission focus. Our company works to end factory farming.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexible and willing to take on any tasks to support team efforts.
- Good research skills and highly organized.
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail.
- Capable of making decisions independently and exercising excellent judgment.
- Handles confidential information with discretion.
- Strong work ethic, integrity and personal accountability.
- Proficiency in G-Suite applications as well as MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to obtain a WA state food worker card (required).
- Must have a valid WA State driver’s license.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This position regularly requires long hours and may require weekend or after-hours work at any time. Travel may be required at times.
- Interest in the plant-based meat industry
- Experience in the food industry
Physical Demands: Ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, and reach regularly. Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds. Position is located in an intensive manufacturing environment and may require getting involved in manufacturing for training purposes or to meet deadlines.
Location: This position is located in West Seattle at the company’s production facility.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. No relocation assistance is provided for this role.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, RF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
- Full Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA
- Job Street Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest
- City Seattle