Hi. We’re Daring. A premium Plant Chicken company founded by Ross Mackay in 2018 with an unapologetically ambitious goal: to rethink and replace animal chicken from the food system. We were started by chicken lovers, for chicken lovers–and we’re working hard to put Plant Chicken on everyone’s plates. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in 1000+ stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. That’s where you come in. If changing how the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we want you to join us.
What we need.
The Director of Logistics is a key leadership role within the Operations team at Daring focused on executing, optimizing and developing the strategy for warehousing, transportation and customer operations. This person will direct all inbound and outbound logistics operations globally across all modes. You will drive impact by developing and maintaining relationships with world class service partners, driving a culture of efficiency and compliance, and engineering a logistics network to meet the growing needs of Daring. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with various supporting teams (Planning, Customer Operations and Sales).
What you’ll do.
- Hire team and establish processes to support operational excellence
- Oversee and execute movement of both raw materials and finished goods across a network of frozen logistics providers
- Assess and recommend best routing and carriers to meet specifications and cost, and work closely to negotiate rates
- Ensure materials are delivered to sites in a timely manner
- Analyze weekly freight costs to identify inefficiencies and create actionable strategies to rectify
- Work closely with and oversees day to day operations of 3PL freight providers
- Work closely with Finance in the execution of strategic planning for new customers, items, facilities, or other organizational changes as they relate to Supply Chain
- Manage all aspects of distribution center operations. Establish relationships with key partners; negotiate service contracts and hold partners accountable
- Provide consistent communications and performance reporting for the executive team and all stakeholders
- Develop risk management programs to ensure business continuity of supply in unexpected scenarios.
- Builds sustainability into the Supply Chain by ensuring materials and suppliers are following best practice with minimizing negative impact to people and planet.
- Ensures Supply Chain performance metrics are achieved for all aspects of the supply chain including monitoring vendor performance levels.
- Maintains appropriate inventory levels to ensure stability of supply, while minimizing working capital impact.
Who you are.
- 10+ years of progressive supply chain leadership experience in the food and beverage industry, preferably in frozen foods
- B.S degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field.
- Experience in global import / export logistics specifically in food / beverage
- Expert level understanding of warehouse and order fulfillment operations
- Experience implementing the of best industry practices, application of principles, concepts, practices and standards
- Strong leader with solid hands-on transportation experience, including import/export, air, ocean, truckload and LTL experience, as well as tools, techniques, and successful on-time delivery performance
- A passion for driving carrier performance, metrics, KPIs, and for measuring and delivering world-class results
- Process driven and aptitude to implement systems to help streamline growing business pains
- Demonstrated experience in an established S&OP process, preferably in a leadership capacity.
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
If you do not fully match all criteria, we still encourage you to apply. Daring is building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We can’t wait to talk Daring with you.
- City Culver City