Are you looking for an amazing workplace where you can put your skills to work while enjoying an amazing culture, where employees are happy, employees are developing, and the team is performing at super high levels? If so, please read on and apply!
Ecovative is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to lead all aspects of operations of our first-in-class bioprocess manufacturing facility. The Director of Manufacturing will establish, oversee, and continuously improve the processes and culture of a highly efficient manufacturing environment within a new facility and new team.
Ecovative’s Director of Manufacturing Will:
- Implement manufacturing operations strategy in alignment with company plan and customer needs.
- Create and execute policies and programs to maximize capacity and ensure high quality and low costs.
- Develop an adaptable organization to handle new technologies resulting from alliances from manufacturing and supply chain perspective.
- Lead manufacturing organization for establishing teamwork and morale and develop plans for manufacturing and plant staff.
- Assure interface and sound relationships with regulatory agencies such as FDA and OSHA.
- Set up cost control standards, waste reduction and production processes to maximize goods manufactured.
- Assess financial statements and activity reports to measure productivity and determine cost reduction areas.
- Set up, execute and enforce business unit goals and procedures through collaboration with cross departmental and senior leadership teams. ● Create production tracking and quality control systems to determine problems and suggest processing and staffing changes.
- Set up policies in material usage, capacity planning, production methods and employee relations to enhance operation efficiency.
- Management responsibilities including interview and selection, hiring, training and development, performance management, employee relations, etc. ● Manage scale up and build out of first-in-class manufacturing plant. ● Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent. ● Communicate strategy and results to employees.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of all areas of the manufacturing supply chain including production, packaging, facility engineering, planning, logistics, quality, materials management, and inventory control.
- Strong understanding of sales and operations planning process. • Strong Knowledge of GMPs and FDA applicable guidelines.
- Strong understanding of safety best practices and demonstrate leadership in a safety 1st environment.
- Ability to understand financial data while utilizing this information to drive business improvement.
- Lead make-versus-buy studies to determine when higher cost low value activities should be outsourced for lowest possible cost.
- Experience staffing and operating a manufacturing plant.
- Demonstrate deep industry experience, with preferred industrial operations management experience in more than one organization.
- Experience in the development and implementation of a clear strategic plan for an organization or business unit.
- Must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages professional development.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Safety mindset and actively points out ways to improve safety on the job. • Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of an organization. • Familiarity with Google Apps platform (email, calendar, sheets, docs, forms) and agile use of Slack.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field. Given the broad base of expertise and knowledge required for success in the role, heads of manufacturing often have advanced degrees with an emphasis on a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Minimum of 10 years in a general manager role with a minimum of 5 years in a people management capacity.
Ecovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103 Green Island, NY
- Job Street Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103
- City Green Island