At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. The founding company of the industry, UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
UPSIDE has grown fast over the last two years, and the momentum continues! The Director of Talent Acquisition will lead our scale-up and people strategy. We’re looking for someone who enjoys fast-paced growth, is comfortable with change, and is passionate about building the best team and culture in a developing industry. We know top talent is hard to come by, so our Director will be open to creative strategies and committed to building a team environment of inclusivity and diversity that’s reflective of our company values. With immediate growth in both the talent team and the company overall, the right person will be energized by building the team that’s going to change the future of food.
- Championing our culture, including our diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) efforts.
- Managing and providing functional expertise, coaching, and direction to recruiting team members.
- Leading and coordinating engagement plans across the organization to facilitate a smooth hiring process.
- Cultivating a strong and supportive environment where there is shared ownership with functional leaders around hiring top talent.
- Partnering with communications, marketing, and people ops to develop a strong employment brand.
- Lead recruiting team in creating strategic partnerships with professional organizations and associations.
- Partner closely with senior leadership and key stakeholders to align recruitment strategy with business strategy to support our current and future growth.
- Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of overall talent acquisition experience and 3+ years of managerial experience leading and developing a team.
- Talent Acquisition experience in biotech, life science, food production, or similar industry preferred.
- Have developed and implemented strategic plans, processes, and systems to drive talent acquisition efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of current hiring best practices and passion for diversity outreach and recruitment.
- Knows when to take life seriously and when not to…
Who you’ll work with…
- This role will partner with every function in the company! It’s a rare opportunity to learn about all parts of the business and industry.
- While we expect growth in all functions in the next 1-2 years, this role will most frequently interact with our R&D and Tech Ops teams.
Key Contributions in First Year…
- Comprehensive Talent Strategy Plan by end of 2022
- Increased talent analytics reporting – and associated action plans for key metrics
- Employment branding strategy, developed in coordination with marketing & comms
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
- City Berkeley