About the Role:
As Director, Procurement at AppHarvest, you will develop and communicate the procurement business plan; establish, communicate, and implement long-term scalable goals for the company to promote compliance, effectiveness, and efficiency. This role will be based at our corporate office in Lexington, KY (with some travel within our farm network as necessary).
What You’ll Do:
- Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies; including pricing strategies, portfolio composition, spend targets, timelines, and resource plans
- Build market intelligence capabilities within each Direct and Indirect supplier category to support farm growth
- Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to meet cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential margin improvement opportunities
- Serve as point of contact for all strategic supply chain connections
- Proactively research market trends and develop strategies to rapidly adapt
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years of experience in a related field; experience within food + bev and/or CPG ideal
- Empathetic leader with 4+ years building and developing teams
- Strategic view of overall business, pricing, negotiations, contracting, etc.
- Collaborative communicator – effectively and efficiently engage internal and external stakeholders
- “We can figure it out” mentality and challenge any notion that “this can’t be done”
- Knowledge of MS Business Central (Dynamics) and/or similar ERP preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
- City Lexington