We are looking for a Drilling Helper/Construction Laborer to join our team and help deliver geothermal heating and cooling systems to homeowners. The successful candidate will be assisting with the demobilization of equipment, mixing drilling mud and grout, handling drill pipe and casing, and operating auxiliary equipment between projects.
This position provides a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art drilling technologies while getting hands-on training directly from a Senior Driller. It is a unique opportunity to start a career in the drilling industry, without the risk of erratic market demands associated with the oil & gas industry. With Dandelion, you’ll be a part of a company dedicated to sustainable energy.
- Operate heavy machinery
- Assist with loading and unloading of equipment and material
- Assist with drilling procedures on the drilling platform
- Mix mud and grout
- Follow all safety and quality regulations and instructions
- Keep equipment and drilling platform clean and orderly
- Perform maintenance tasks at specified intervals
- Perform inventory (stock take) as required
- Committed to maintaining a safe work environment, and comply with safety regulations
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Rigging, Mechanical and Welding skills preferred but not required
- Ability to safely lift weights of 80-100 pounds overhead
- Willingness to work weekends, if required
- Must have dependable transport
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day — not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road… and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
- City Peekskill