Our Drilling Operations Manager is responsible for managing Dandelion's drilling operations in our Durham, CT and Windsor, CT location, and is instrumental to the success of our Geothermal System installations. This is a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented professional to help shape the way our teams execute and install in a scalable repeatable way while maintaining quality and customer centric approach.
- Manage the day-to-day drilling operations in the Dandelion North East Region:
- Work daily on location in Durham and Windsor, CT managing the daily operations, personnel, maintenance and planning.
- Develop a project plan and scheduling in collaboration with key Dandelion stakeholders (including but not limited to crew members, account managers, operations leadership)
- Identify and implement business changes and process improvements to increase operational efficiency (i.e. increased throughput, zero punch-list) in collaboration with installation crews and Dandelion stakeholders
- Manage customer communication and escalations with a high degree of customer service while a project is actively being installed.
- Respond to daily AM/CS project questions Slack/Hubspot/email/etc
- Develop procedures that will accommodate future expansion
- Enforce continuous quality improvement in collaboration with Dandelion’s in-house engineering and installation experts.
- People Management
- Directly manage crew members (drillers, driller helpers, grouters and drivers)
- Hire, coach, and provide ongoing performance assessment of each crew member.
- Develop crew leadership skills to take on more project planning responsibilities and ownership.
- Ensure crews are properly trained and performing work safely in collaboration with Dandelion’s Safety Coordinator.
- Approving timesheets and expense reimbursement
- General HR inquiries
- Job preparation
- Review project feasibility and scopes, allocated labor hours, and site specific conditions with the crew lead in advance of project start date to identify and eliminate difficulties with executing on time and within budget.
- Build out a schedule for drilling tasks and maintain and edit the schedule according to the changing needs.
- Attend schedule meetings & end of day updates with the Operations team
- Pre-drill site visits
- Job Close-out
- Track daily project progress and close-out procedures to ensure projects are being successfully closed out by crew leads.
- Create, track, and coordinate closure of project punch-list items and complete the drilling QA process.
- Coordinating inspections
- Equipment Management
- Fleet management (Inspections/registrations/maintenance/repairs; Truck rig; Trenching trucks; Trailers)
- Coordination with rental/vendors on repairs and approving invoices
- Goal-oriented individual willing to put in the work to reach objectives.
- 5+ years managing trades people in a production oriented environment; i.e. meeting quotas, driving daily performance, following/developing standards and protocols.
- Experience with residential or commercial Earth Moving jobs (ie. Drilling, Trenching, water wells etc)
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading a group of people toward a common goal.
- High sense of responsibility for the success of your regional installation center.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and integrate new information.
- Excellent ability to identify problems and take effective action to minimize impact.
- Strong problem solving and action/solutions orientation.
- Construction is ideal but expertise is not a requirement.
- Fluent in working and collaborating via email/Slack, project management software, word, and spreadsheet documents.
- Comfortable with significant growth and overall business change.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day — not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road… and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
- City Mount Kisco