Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Electrical Engineer to assist with capital projects, recommissioning, startup, and maintenance activities. The ideal candidate will have expertise with electrical systems up to 13.8 KV including: switch gear, motor control center (MCC) equipment and design. Experience with Process Instrumentation is also required and would consist of specifying, estimating, and providing installation detail & assistance when necessary for all forms of industrial instrumentation. Familiarity with Automation Control systems is a plus. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team located in Augusta, GA.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation support for the Augusta plant site Production, Utilities, Maintenance, Safety, and Environmental Departments.
- Execute Electrical and Instrumentation project scope definition, cost estimates, requests for capital expenditures, electrical and instrumentation engineering design, design review meetings, procurement, and commissioning.
- Coordinate project work where power distribution, instrumentation, and controls are involved.
- Interface with and provide engineering guidance to E & I Maintenance personnel.
- Specify new or replacement electrical and instrumentation equipment and devices for projects and maintenance.
- Interpret blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and/or schematics to maintain and troubleshoot electrical systems and instrumentation.
- Ensure compliance with National Electric Code and/or other applicable regulations.
- Support site safety and quality initiatives through participation in pre-project safety reviews, incident analysis and reporting, safety team, and post-project follow-up evaluations.
- Specify and implement variable speed motor control equipment including integration into plant automation networks when applicable.
- Develop new or update existing drawings and documents in support of projects or field changes. Keeping one-line diagrams and arc-flash documentation up to date will be a high priority.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- Practical knowledge of industrial power systems, electronic and solid state control systems, AC & DC powered machinery, distributed process control systems, PLCs, HVAC systems, and uninterruptible power systems.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing or contract engineering role.
- Demonstrated project management experience involving electrical & instrumentation related disciplines.
- Experience developing industrial process instrument specifications.
- Possess strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders when required.
- Execute the job function with minimal oversite.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Experience with various computer applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Work schedules may vary during outages, shutdowns, or other extraordinary conditions. This position must be able to provide support during these times.
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash knowledge or formal training.
- Training and experience in process hazard evaluation techniques as applied to OSHA 20 CFR 1919.119 requirements.
- Experience working in cGMP environments
- Experience with DeltaV and Provox Distributed Control Systems.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation Variable Frequency Drives and PLCs.
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address Augusta, Georgia
- City Augusta