As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, and other leading investors.
Department – Engineering
Work Schedule – 8am-4.30 pm, some weekends and OT may be required
This is an Engineering Technician position with the primary responsibility to build one-of-a-kind prototypes based on designs, drawings and instructions from the Engineering Project Manager. The chosen candidate will be responsible for construction, troubleshooting, testing and commissioning of the systems in addition to working on other capital projects under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Builds prototypes from drawings, sketches, specifications and instructions from the engineer.
- Assists in the construction of mechanical, plumbing and HVAC system and equipment.
- Evaluate constructability of the design and makes recommendations to improve.
- Regularly inspects work to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve designs, operations and maintenance of systems.
- Collects and records data to ensure components and systems perform according to the specifications.
- Works in compliance with all company food Safety Policies and procedures.
- Runs tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly.
- Maintains records and files of all completed engineering work.
- Conducts regular maintenance on products and equipment.
- Orders materials, parts, equipment and tools as needed.
- Plans work activities to complete tasks within required schedule dates.
- Maintains a well-organized, clean and safe workplace.
- Works in compliant with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Supports other engineering projects as directed.
Education or Experience:
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in Engineering Technology /related work
- 2 years experience minimum in a manufacturing or construction environment.
- Is able to understand and interpret engineering terminology and read blueprints.
- Possesses a variety of construction and fabrications skills.
- Strong knowledge and experience using hand and power tools including but not limited to band saw, chop saw, impact drill, handheld grinder
- Strong knowledge and experience using Material Handling equipment (fork lift, pallet jack) and scissor lifts.
- Knowledge of mechanical, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and an aptitude for detail.
- Works well on a team.
- Pays close attention to detail.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Ability to receive deliveries and validate shipping versus received quantities.
- Physical requirements to work on projects may include lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards) and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods of time.
- Great hourly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- 401k match
- Potential career growth
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark