About the Role:
As an Environmental Health and Safety Site Supervisor at AppHarvest, you will be joining a team at the forefront of reinventing sustainable agriculture by assisting with the will develop, implement, and continuously improve programs within the EHS Management System framework in partnership with the broader EHS team. They will ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations, and conformance to internal and industry standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage site EHS database.
- Manage cross-functional teams/committees in development and implementation of robust proactive ergonomics program.
- Conduct and/or coordinate employee safety and environmental training programs and assist with emergency response training drills.
- Develop a sustainable safety culture by engaging the workforce through hazard recognition process and providing clarification on EHS procedures.
- Keep all SDS materials to date.
- Train employees on safety relate issues.
- Experienced in working with agencies such as OSHA, EPA, and state and local environmental and regulatory authorities.
- Provide environmental, health and safety (EHS) support, guidance, and oversight to farm personnel.
- Plan and direct EHS activities and programs; establish priority for project execution base upon site resources and cost of implementation.
- Conduct and develop emergency response drills, perform indoor air quality assessments and ergonomic assessments.
- Develop OSHA written plans and requisite training and documentation programs in all aspects of operation.
- Program administrator for respiratory protection, hazard communication, hearing conservation, ergonomics, and heat stress prevention.
- Provide oversight to contractors relate to construction, demolition, fire safety and construction. code,
- Conduct facility environmental and safety audits to ensure safe work practices and promote quality safety and/or environmental policies and procedures.
- Perform instrumentation and calibration of air quality and industrial hygiene testing equipment, confirming equipment work in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Conduct procedural audits and monitor hazardous operations to ensure compliance with prescribe procedures.
- Research and initiate OSHA, NFPA and other standards.
- Coordinate compliance for CPR, drug testing, NFPA 70E, OSHA 10 and 30, and any other site-specific training needs.
- Provide hazard communication, LOTO, confine space and other OSHA mandate training to personnel.
- Develop testing and inspection protocol for the fire equipment in accordance with the appropriate NFPA standards and insurance company documents.
- Perform accident/incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Complete 5S activities as required by the 5S plan.
- Maintain ESH documentation establishing compliance with ESH requirements.
- Create new procedures/process/technique or evaluate change to existing ones to ensure meeting corporate ESH requirements.
- Prepare safety KPIs and build safety documentation using Microsoft Office platforms as directed by the EH&S Manager.
- Work with the safety department to ensure supervisory personnel follow employee restrictions due to work-related injury or illness and ensures employees are working within those restrictions.
- Respond to emergency situations and provide support, direction, and first aid as needed.
- Correct unsafe acts and condition and help with PPE selection and procurement.
- Complete manual safety related work, fill first aid boxes, hang safety signs, chemical mixture
- Input safety data and log information for KPI tracking.
What We’re Looking For:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or a related field and 2+ years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- OSHA 30-hour General Industry Safety and Health Certification preferred
- Basic Life Support CPR and AED certification preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and analysis capability.
- Good decision-making skills and ability to perform in stressful situations.
- Must be able to travel on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Work schedule may include overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- City Somerset