The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be nine billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with people and our planet at the forefront.
Applying its award-winning technology platform, AeroFarms grows using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever to deliver products with elevated flavor, taste, consistency, and nutrition. Some of the ways we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity include:
- Researching and understanding plants at unprecedented levels to be better farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for people and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Setting a new standard for food safety and traceability in our indoor vertical farms
- Investing in our AeroFarms team and fostering a diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, learning and growth
The ERP Business Analyst for New Farms will work cross-functionally to manage successful deployment of AeroFarms’ Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platform at new farm locations. This position is part the Business Transformation team and is central to our major ERP and new farm initiatives.
The successful candidate is highly organized, technically savvy, detail oriented, and has experience solving business problems through ERP technology. Also relevant is an understanding of ERP warehouse management, impeccable communication skills, and business analyst experience. This is a highly collaborative role that will proactively work with AeroFarms colleagues and our technology partners to solve business and operational challenges.
- Project manage requirements gathering, deployment, and onsite change management for ERP deployments at farm locations
- Work with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to determine and define the ERP device hardware requirements for new farms (e.g., scanning devices, label printers, etc.)
- Own new farm ERP requirements, process changes, and associated on-the-ground implementation
- Own creation and maintenance of farm ERP process documentation and lead the associated process change management onsite at the farms
- Act as a software subject matter expert / first line support for ERP related questions from farm operations personnel
- Work with internal IT stakeholders to manage device configurations
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) to onsite farm locations to oversee / conduct installation, training and change management
- Experience with using / configuring ERP systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV a plus
- ERP implementation experience, including change management and training
- Warehouse and operational process engineering / design experience
- Experience in managing projects, system implementations a plus
- Functional understanding and experience with key ERP modules for Inventory, Production and Finance
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel capabilities and ability to manipulate data
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively with strong attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving
- Resourceful team player with the ability to be effective independently in a rapidly changing environment You may also have:
- Industry experience in Food and Beverage and/or Agriculture/AgTech
- Experience implementing operational ERP platforms used in factory/warehouse environments
- Experience with Zebra scanning devices and label printing solutions
Computer Skills: Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, proficiency in Microsoft Word. Enterprise Resource Planning software, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to lift to 10 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms
200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you! –
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 12 Rome St
- City Newark