How to apply: After reading the job description entirely, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience fits the skills needed in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking to hire for this position immediately.
About us: Rebellyous Foods is an early-stage, plant-based food start-up. As a food production and manufacturing technology company, we are working to substantially increase the volume and lower the price of specific, high-quality plant-based meat products to effectively serve the institutional market to replace animal-based meat on a large scale.
Rebellyous Foods is seeking a full-time conscientious, flexible, and detail-oriented Facility Manager who enjoys making a difference, being a part of a team, and takes pride in working at a high level in an extremely fast-paced, constantly changing startup environment. We are seeking a mission-focused and dedicated team member who will pitch-in and perform job duties with enthusiasm. Flexibility, hard work, and keen follow through are ideal for success for employees in a startup environment. Frequent after hours and weekend availability are necessary. This position requires considerable coordination with
other team members but will report directly to the Director of Engineering Operations. This is an extraordinary opportunity to get in on the ground level with a fast growing, mission-focused start-up and help build the company.
The Facility Manager will serve as a point of contact and link between internal teams and external parties particularly as it pertains to the management of the Rebellyous production facility.
Daily responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the office, warehouse and food production space and affiliated building systems to ensure efficient, safe and effective use of the space.
- Maintain and monitor the building’s security system and access for staff and visitors.
- Manage functionality, maintenance and repairs of all on-site freezers and coolers and monitoring systems.
- Serve as the point of contact to respond to off-hours emergencies and maintain a rotating on-call schedule for back-up assistance.
- Plan, track, implement and manage multiple building-related projects to meet deadlines and company needs.
- Serve as the foreman or engineer to manage utilization of new and existing utilities including water, waste, electrical, etc., and address repair or maintenance issues as they arise.
- Perform bid process for building-related vendor work and select the appropriate vendor/contractor for the job.
- Manage, implement and be responsible for site security, parking and building safety plans.
- Manage safety in warehouse and loading dock including issues pertaining to chemical safety and storage requirements (EHS background helpful).
- Maintain safety and training programs to manage forklift safety in the building. When necessary, operate the forklift to move materials in the warehouse safely.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Facility Maintenance schedule that meets SQF standards and needs of the company.
- Develop, implement and manage building and building equipment maintenance schedules. Work closely with building occupants to communicate project and maintenance issues in a timely manner.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and appointments with vendors, contractors, other facilities-related external persons with appropriate staff. Effectively serve as a liaison between company employees and outside contractors called in to address building maintenance problems.
- Serve as company liaison with the facility landlord and other tenants of the building as necessary; maintain communication with the landlord regarding building maintenance, cost sharing, and CAMS issues on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, maintain and implement emergency preparedness action plans.
- Lead company safety committee. Ensure up to date and accurate facility and equipment safety guidelines and communicate to all staff.
- Coordinate site usage and compliance for use of shared building parking by Rebellyous staff and visitors.
- Report on weekly activities to supervisor and team members using reports and wiki for ease of reference.
- Assist in planning for future building, equipment, systems, and supply needs.
- When necessary, run errands as needed to support facility projects or company needs.
- Research new ways to effectively operate facilities for optimal utilization of the space.
- Manage longer-term projects and be a master of project planning.
- Perform other tasks as assigned and be nimble in managing multiple priorities.
- Support or contribute to food safety projects as needed within the facility.
Qualifications: Candidates should have of the following credentials:
- Experience in facilities management or operations as a building engineer or foreman.
- Familiarity or experience managing a food service kitchen, food production GMP, GLP, medical, or clean-room facility is highly desired.
- Degree in business, sciences, manufacturing, mechanical, chemical or equipment engineering or similar occupational experience highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Experience using online tools and applications for effective remote communication is highly desirable.
- Exceptional experience with project management tools, database management, and customer relations management tools is highly desired.
- Experience and training operating a forklift and similar heavy equipment.
- Proficiency in G-Suite applications as well as MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and willingness to take on any tasks to support team efforts.
- Good research skills and attention to detail.
- Highly organized and willing to take on responsibility for follow-up tasks.
- Must have a valid WA State driver’s license.
- Has or is willing to obtain a King County Food Worker Card.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds and complete physical labor.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding food production startup environment.
- A passion to make the plant-based meat industry succeed.
- A commitment to excellence.
- A commitment to food safety.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Position is full time. Rebellyous Foods offers PTO during the calendar year. At this time, as a small start-up, we do not yet offer health insurance benefits.
Location: West Seattle production facility. No remote option is available for this position. We follow strict COVID policies onsite.
Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy: At Rebellyous Foods, we aim to attract the most qualified and creative problem-solvers to the mission of providing sustainable, affordable meat alternatives. In achieving that goal, RF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our operations. Women, minorities, people of color, and those with non-traditional educational and experiential backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Further, we are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, subcontractors, vendors, and clients. Discrimination or harassment in any form or based on any of the above factors is prohibited, as is retaliation against a person who has made a complaint or given information regarding possible violations of our policy.
- Full Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA
- Job Street Address 4600 37th Avenue Southwest
- City Seattle