Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company head quarted in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Fermentation Plant Operator. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s manufacturing and process development team located in Augusta, GA.
The Fermentation Plant Operator is responsible for the continuing efficient operation of the fermentation plant and providing overtime support as needed for production. This includes maintenance, equipment reliability, and operations. Creativity and decision-making skills are required. Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with all personnel. Work as a member of the fermentation plant team which includes assisting in the Pilot Plant. Controls, monitors, and measures fermentation processes as instructed. Abides by all safely, environmental, and quality requirements. Perform minor maintenance and duties related to product testing, including sampling.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
Interface with production to provide resources to solve fermentation and product isolation problems.
Execute and help evaluate fermentation experiments. This activity includes:
- Prepare fermentation and downstream equipment in accordance to SOPs, this include equipment setup, media make up, equipment disassembly, cleaning, etc.
- Collect samples during manufacturing process for analytical analysis.
- Prepare all required batch records, reflect constantly changing experimental designs and ensure clear communication to the process development subject matter expert of the targeted design parameters.
- Collect and review all batch records. Data reduction includes electronic data conversion into and formatting in Excel for purposes of trending key operational parameters. Data is reviewed and checked. Off-line analytical data is reviewed for accuracy, retesting if necessary. Final results are organized and distributed to the process development subject matter expert.
- Coordinate day-to-day Fermentation Plant activities, including manufacturing scheduling conflicts, coordinating equipment maintenance and installation activities, troubleshooting process upsets, troubleshooting equipment and instrumentation problems, optimizing operations, addressing contamination issues, addressing downtime or other runtime losses.
- Prepare SOP for new process or operations as needed.
- Assist and provide hands-on support of Fermentation Plant maintenance activities, including rebuilding of probes and housings, changing out gear boxes on vessels, rebuilding valves, piping modifications, and modifying/fabricating new and existing equipment.
- Maintain the upkeep of the Fermentation Plant equipment through the process of initiating work notifications/work orders and maintenance scheduling; Use your own tools to correct minor maintenance issues is encouraged.
- Adhere to company EH&S policies and procedure. Ensure fermentation plant compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of sedentary work due to inspection of equipment. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to wear required protective equipment including respirators (if needed).
- Work schedule is considered shift but will vary depending on manufacturing plan and and other extraordinary conditions.
- Ensure Fermentation plant compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years fermentation or related plant operator experience.
- Must be able to follow minimal instructions and support safe work practices.
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must hold themselves to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Familiar with the production fermentation and downstream processes and equipment as well as microbiological and analytical laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job rotations/various assignments.
- Basic PC skills which include Windows, Microsoft Office.
Preferred Qualification and Working Style:
- SAP skills
- Certified Train the Trainer skills
- Delta V controls experience
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Employee Status: Permanent
- Full Address 1762 Lovers Ln, Augusta, GA
- Job Street Address 1762 Lovers Ln
- City Augusta