Indigo Ag is a mission-driven company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. We innovate across a breadth of technology and science disciplines to help enhance agriculture’s long-term sustainability and profitability and mitigate the climate crisis. We seek to positively impact the world through the digital and biological solutions we bring to the market, creating a more resilient earth, healthier economies, and thriving communities. Our people build partnerships, explore the science, and engineer the technology to help grow the future of sustainable agriculture. The only way to achieve it is through a unique combination of expertise – from Fortune 500 to academia, soil science and agriculture, to tech start-ups.
Industry & Company Background
There is a structural and economic transformation underway in agriculture, stemming from the confluence
of three global trends: the urgent need to develop scalable solutions to address climate change, the fast-growing demand for sustainability solutions from companies seeking to reduce their environmental
impact, and the continued decline in farm profitability over the past several decades. Agriculture presents
significant opportunities to make rapid and critical impact at the intersection of these trends, by leveraging
photosynthesis and novel economic incentives to reduce global emissions and improve farmer
Indigo was founded in 2014 to address these trends with a mission of harnessing nature to help farmers
sustainably feed the planet. Our company has built a science and technology platform to bring nature-based and digital technologies that improve farmer profitability, environmental sustainability, and
consumer health at scale. We have developed a suite of offerings to unlock sustainability and profitability
benefits to all: Market+,
a digital grain merchandising and marketing platform for buyers and farmers, the
that improve crop performance and input efficiencies.
The Finance Co-op will work alongside the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) team at Indigo, supporting forecasting, analysis, reporting, and business partnering activities. The co-op will gain practical business experience, developing leadership, technical, analytical and communication skills as well as a broadened understanding of sustainability in the agriculture industry. This role will offer valuable exposure across the Finance (Accounting, FP&A, Business Intelligence), Sales, Strategy, and other business teams.
The Finance Co-op will primarily support our sustainability businesses with the following activities:
· Support the development of a strategic framework to assess customer lifetime value and customer acquisition costs
· Support business partnering activities such as deal shaping, resource allocation & strategic prioritization, and business development decision support
· Support annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and long-range forecasting processes
· Support cost refinement exercises and develop actionable strategies to enable leaders to achieve annual financial and operational targets
· Support creation of managerial reporting materials such as budget variance reporting and KPI reporting, leveraging these to communicate key insights to business partners
· Establish, develop, and maintain effective business relationships with internal partners
· Develop innovative methods to improve and streamline processes, with a focus on process simplification and provision of meaningful/timely analysis to business leaders
· Organize finance professional development discussions and events
· Strong interpersonal skills, including communication and collaboration
· Analytical, problem-solving mindset
· Team player
· Positive attitude
· Ability to prioritize tasks
· Ability to work independently
· Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
· Passion for sustainability
· Pursing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or other business-related degree, with a possible minor in Mathematics, Data Analytics, or Sustainability
At Indigo, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, family or parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, family medical history or genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Indigo believes that diversity, equity, and inclusion among our team members are critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.