AeroFarms is looking to add a Financial Analyst to the Corporate Development team in Newark NJ.
Corporate Development is the analytical engine that drives the business to make more informed decisions about the future of Agriculture.
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
Financial Analyst – Corporate Development
- Financial Analyst will deliver top-quality financial models and economic analysis
- Financial Analyst’s role will support business strategy and execution as AeroFarms’ expands as a global platform for controlled-environment agriculture (CEA)
- Financial Analyst will report to Senior Director of Corporate Development who leads AeroFarms’ economic analysis group; the teams’ function is at the intersection of analysis/data and results, and encompasses financial modeling as well as traditional FP&A/corporate finance activities.
- Experience of 4+ years as financial analyst or similar role
- Mastery of cash flow, three statement, and GAAP-based financial modeling is a must; experience with capital markets and operating businesses or growth-stage companies is a plus
- Expected to derive clarity from multiple sources of information, ultimately being able to present clear business insights and recommendations to Company Leadership and Board
- Experience in manufacturing, technology, energy sectors is useful but not required
- Must have passion for the future of our planet!
Author, maintain and use financial models as a framework for decision making across the organization
- Evaluate strategic opportunities by delivering top-quality analysis and presentations
- Support execution of AeroFarms’ newest CEA commercial farm in Danville, Virginia, as well as the development of future farms, technology design, and new crops/products
- Communicate insights and analyses to stakeholders in oral and written form, including presentations delivered to Company’s Exec team and Board
- Create integrity and consistency of financial analysis across the company
- Partner with leaders from the Operations, Engineering, R&D and Sales teams to develop key assumptions for forward-looking financial models, business plans, and projections
- Support Company’s process for annual budgets and OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Financial Analyst should anticipate several big milestones per year including quarterly Board meetings. Candidate is expected to manage their time effectively and to balance life’s priorities outside of work by demonstrating exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Promote AeroFarms’ mission “To grow the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity” and embody the Company’s CARE principles (Collaboration, Communication, Agility, Accountability, Respect, Empowerment)
- Advanced Excel: show mastery of three-statement modeling; create detailed supporting schedules and assumptions-based forecasts; use pivot tables, lookup functions, etc.
- Excellent understanding of financial analysis including the importance of clear auditability as well as one’s choice of assumptions
- PowerPoint: candidate will be geared toward fact-based presentations that summarize key insights, key opportunities, and key risks, with relevant recommendations for given audience
- Keen eye for consistency in data sets/assumption sets; candidate will have the persistence to dig in until they are satisfied with each underlying part and its implications on the whole
- Naturally attuned to optimization, process development, and continuous improvement
- Cultivates the relationship between decisions and outcomes, synthesizes different points of view, and reaches well-thought conclusions
- Proactive, and able to balance near-term priorities with keeping longer-term projects on-track
- Exceptional communication skills
- Motivated by numbers, data, facts, process, and results
- Experience in STEM, investment banking, valuation, capital markets, or related fields is encouraged but not required
- Looking for a creative problem solver who is excited by the opportunity to take our Company’s technology and our industry’s potential to new heights!
COVID/Return to Work
AeroFarms strongly encourages vaccination for all its workers, we adhere to all CDC, State and Federal requirements as needed. We operate indoor vertical farms that run 24/7! We hope you think this is cool enough to warrant coming into work at least some of the time! We are still currently WFH mostly, but we anticipate returning to a new 2-3 days a week in person hybrid model at some point in the future. When? Who knows. If you have read this much, I will hide in this secret message, the Corp Dev Team are some of nicest & talented people at AeroFarms, a true pleasure to work with. You get to work with individuals who are VERY passionate about food 😉
A great mission, check, great people, check, rewarding, stimulating work – check…. guess you apply below right?
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms: 200+ employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark