AeroFarms is seeking a FSQA Documentation Specialist to work in our FSQA Department at our main facility in Newark NJ.
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
Reporting to the Director of Food Safety & Quality Assurance, the FSQA Documentation Specialist will be responsible for all documentation compliance procedures for Food Safety and Quality Assurance. She/He will be ensure all AeroFarms policies and certifications are updated and are current with the applicable laws. This position will assist and/or lead audits; internally and externally.
- Management and development of FSQA and operations documents includes raw material and packaging specifications, policies, SOPs
- Assure regulatory and food safety requirements are met
- Assist in the development of nutritional labeling
- Assure nutritional and regulatory compliance for labeling by reviewing packaging artwork and label proofs.
- Responsible for understanding and application of relevant U.S. food labeling regulations, policies, guidelines (e.g. FDA, USDA, SQF, Kosher certification, etc.) to support business and compliance goals.
- Monitor scientific and technical developments, industry practices, and relevant legislation applicable to produce and indoor farming
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related field.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements as they relate to labeling and documentation
- Strong technical background with minimum 2 years’ experience in a consumer/food products company.
- Excellent computer and writing skills.
- Good Communication skills
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HACCP and GMP experience in manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must be able to write SOPs)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to work in 32-36 degree temperature throughout the day
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark