Who we are at AeroFarms:
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability, and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve and tackle global issues.
The Food Safety Technician Responsible for:
- Monitoring and documenting all food safety programs.
- Responsible for monitoring product safety throughout the manufacturing process and to ensure the product meets AeroFarms’ standards and specifications.
- Support compliance, monitoring, and trending of key programs including but not limited to GAP/GMP, Pest Prevention, Internal Auditing, Microbiological, and Environmental Monitoring.
- Report food safety and quality non-conformances and deviations to Food Safety Supervisor. Placing the product on hold and further evaluation.
- Enforce GMP and Food Safety policies to ensure that Aerofarms quality standards are always maintained
- Monitors food safety alerts on an ongoing basis; and effectively communicates to all functional departments on food safety information and updates
- Generate value for AeroFarms by anticipating, analyzing, solving, and preventing problems
- Perform Pre-Operational Inspections before start-up and report any inadequacies to the Food Safety Supervisor.
- Complies with the enforcement of all GMP policies, documentation, and record-keeping per company standards.
- Special assignments upon request from the Sr. Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- B.S. in Food Science, Chemistry, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in a food manufacturing environment or lab and knowledge of food safety
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired
- Proficient computer skills required. Experience operating in a Windows environment, managing files, and handling data
- Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution
- ·Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment with changing practices
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – We are a 200+ company, we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark