Who we are at AeroFarms:
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability, and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve and tackle global issues.
Reporting to the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Director, the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for monitoring and documenting all quality and food safety programs. Job functions may include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the site’s SQF Practitioner.
- Manage all Food safety programs including HACCP/ Food safety plan, cGMP, Traceability, Proper documentation, Recordkeeping, Verification and validation, Traceability and Customer complaint management.
- Implement site-specific protocols and procedures for Sanitation.
- Manage environmental monitoring and microbiological testing programs.
- Coordinate and Manage the Pest Control Program, verification of services, maps, applicator license, chemical usage, etc.
- Validate equipment /process/product change from a quality and food safety standpoint.
- Prepare periodic Food Safety Reports
- Maintain open communications with all Managers and the FSQA Director to ensure that AeroFarms finished product food safety processes are maintained at all times.
- Act as a liaison between internal operations, sales, and customers related to any food safety, quality and food security inquire.
- Conduct Internal Audits for all AeroFarms locations.
- 3 to 5 years previous relevant experience in the Food Industry
- B.S. degree in agriculture, food science, or a related subject.
- Knowledge of fresh produce, food processing, and quality programs.
- Prior experience in RTE food processing is a plus.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification, HACCP and PCQI trained and/or certified training, and hands-on skills in microbiology.
- Computer experience in MS Office Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both written and verbal. Multi-Tasking on multiple projects is necessary.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Return to work policy:
At AeroFarms the safety and wellbeing of our employees is a top priority. We are very lucky that over 70% of our workforce is fully vaccinated so far, with more getting the COVID-19 vaccine every day. We are currently operating under a mostly remote work model however there is a requirement to attend in-person meetings at our Farm/office a few days per week and to test our systems as we build them. Our long-term return to work plan is going to be a hybrid in-person and remote model with 3 days per week in the office starting from some time in August.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark