Atlast is seeking an experienced and visionary Food Scientist to help guide development and scale up a groundbreaking brand called MyEats, with a product based on an innovative mushroom mycelium ingredient platform.
Ideal candidates will have a background and experience in Food Science and Product Development in the food industry, as well as experience in managing scale up projects. This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of a rapidly changing industry, leading a team of experts in developing revolutionary ingredient solutions in meatless meat.
THE ESSENTIAL ACTIVITIES PERFORMED IN THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
- Perform research activities to support product shelf-life extension including packaging, quality, and formulation.
- Define and implement changes in formulation, processing methods, and packaging to support the next phase of product scale-up.
- Collaborate with business leaders to define new food products.
- Present new formulations from concept to market in pilot scale production.
- Improve operational efficiency of food production while meeting Food Safety and Quality requirements.
- Test different ingredient/flavor functionality and interactions.
- Generate and analyze data to make product application recommendations, including future ingredient discoveries.
- Builds, manages, and presents the data on functional ingredients developed internally and demonstrates their application range.
- Presents on new development in the field of proteins in the food industry.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering with a minimum of five years’ experience in a new product development role within the food industry.
- Strong and well-rounded technical knowledge of industrial practices within food manufacturing, specifically within alternative proteins.
- Project management experience, good business acumen, strategic thinking
- Experience with product ownership of food products in retail channels
- Applied experience with analytical methods appropriate for food product development.
- Experience with managing and improving quality systems in food production
- Working knowledge of food packaging solutions
- Experience in bringing food products through scale jumps in demand including specification of equipment and informing layouts of production lines.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Specific new product development experience within the alternative protein space
- Hands-on skills: a love of cooking and creating new foods
- BS/MS Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with FDA requirements for food processing (GMP)
- Food Handler Certification
- Experience with HACCP and implementing Food Safety Plans.
Atlast Food Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Full Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103 Green Island, NY
- Job Street Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103
- City Green Island